PDA

View Full Version : Front drivers earthing point location

rsshawn
11-10-2007, 13:02
Got an earth problem for the wiring loom that goes to the drivers indicator. Removed indicator and headlight and the loom goes up under the plastic (power steering or brake fluid) bottle and 1/2 heads up toward the windscreen scuttle cover where the jack lives.

The indicator only stopped working after the light unit was removed over the weekend. All bulbs were unplugged from the wiring end so wasn't disturbed a great deal. The indicator is getting power. It's 100% an earth fault on that wire but can't find where the earthing point is. Have temp soldered in a bridge earth wire to the main bulb for now.

Anyone know where the earth point is for that loom so I can clean it up & sort it properly??

MAXIBOY
11-10-2007, 14:34
think there one under each headlight. def one on passenger side.

Matty86
11-10-2007, 14:36
doesnt the earth around there connect to the underneath of the bracket that the bonnet support slots in to? - on the slam panel

Lunner
11-10-2007, 17:24
Don't recon there are any earths that side, sure the bulb just hasn't gone?

rsshawn
11-10-2007, 18:57
No, it follows the black earth wire into the loom behind the indicator and goes up the wing.

Lunner Thanks, but :roll:
Read my post again and you will see I wrote:

It's 100% an earth fault on that wire but can't find where the earthing point is. Have temp soldered in a bridge earth wire to the main bulb for now.
Seriously mate..no-one, and I mean NO-ONE is THAT stupid to post in detail like I did without checking the bulb is actually working first. :-$

By bridging the earth wire, the indicator is now working..but is only temp until I can find the correct earth further up the loom and sort that out incase it will prevent anythnig else earthing correctly in the future.

MAXIBOY
11-10-2007, 19:02
think the wire goes in the loam and up the wing until it crosses the engine or front panel as theres no earthing points up there in the scuttle just the ecu.

Lunner
11-10-2007, 20:15
The wiring for the driver's headlight connects the light, charcoal canister pumpy thingy behind the headlight, horn, brake wear sensor and the side repeater int eh wing, thats the wire going through to the wing

rsshawn
15-10-2007, 21:53
Correct. :D
had to go to the scrappy so found a clio there. The wire drivers side going up the wing goes to the side repeater. The indicator wires themselves double back and run under the headlight across the top of the bumper then up the passenger side to the main wiring box behind the battery.

Next job is remove the passenger headlight to check the wiring up there and see if anything's been trapped.
:salut:

Lunner
16-10-2007, 01:15
See, no faith lol :roll: :wink: