PDA

View Full Version : 150mph+ Willy

simonr85
10-10-2007, 14:10
What mods are needed to make my willy go 150?

Mine does 137 on my private runway :wink: when it bounces of the limiter (its a standard willy 1), with a gunnerchip what will it hit (i have a gunnerchip just no1 to fit it)

bill.
10-10-2007, 14:36
a large cliff :wink:

Andyvalver
10-10-2007, 14:37
Martin had a vid of his old williams touching 150 on the clocks. Dunno what mods though :)

Daz.
10-10-2007, 15:28
Martin had a vid of his old williams touching 150 on the clocks. Dunno what mods though :)

On the clocks though :cry:

MAXIBOY
10-10-2007, 15:38
i let you now if 150mph is possible soon. though i,m am running slightly bigger wheels

simonr85
10-10-2007, 16:01
i let you now if 150mph is possible soon. though i,m am running slightly bigger wheels

i know its possible, my mate got overtook at 160mph+ by a clio 1.8 valver turbo and he was on a CBR600, he spoke to the guy aftewrwards who reckoned it is 300bhp+ and is the fastest clio in the UK, he then took my mate out in it and my mate said my williams feels like a moped compared to it and 1 day later my mate sold his CBR600 and bought a Fireblade RR 1000CC as was pissed off he got done by a clio.

bill.
10-10-2007, 16:20

i know its possible, my mate got overtook at 160mph+ by a clio 1.8 valver turbo and he was on a CBR600, he spoke to the guy aftewrwards who reckoned it is 300bhp+ and is the fastest clio in the UK, he then took my mate out in it and my mate said my williams feels like a moped compared to it and 1 day later my mate sold his CBR600 and bought a Fireblade RR 1000CC as was pissed off he got done by a clio.

ha ha, love it, class! 8)

dan-hipgrave
10-10-2007, 16:40
Surely a different gearbox would be needed??

Lunner
10-10-2007, 17:16
Just rebuilt with a longer 5th, or if you just want top speed stick a diesel box in it

Wobba
10-10-2007, 17:17
Ya, and obviously higher rev limit helps.

VIPERONE
10-10-2007, 17:35
i used a box that hit 140 in fourth

VIPERONE
10-10-2007, 17:38
What mods are needed to make my willy go 150?

Mine does 137 on my private runway :wink: when it bounces of the limiter (its a standard willy 1), with a gunnerchip what will it hit (i have a gunnerchip just no1 to fit it)

your clock will hit 150mph. so 145+

number1
10-10-2007, 17:39
Diesel box and a steep hill if top ends your thing! i had 154 indicated and 144 gps out of my 1.8, (chipped cammed rather fast one) but the hybrid wont go higher than 147 speedo and 139 gps, Valver manifold i reckon 6800rpm and not much higher

Last diesel box i used would have given a speedo indication of 170mph :lol:

Dave

MAXIBOY
10-10-2007, 17:51
he spoke to the guy aftewrwards who reckoned it is 300bhp+ and is the fastest clio in the UK,

so far ........................... :twisted:

lewis_willy2
10-10-2007, 18:12
^^^ :lol:

ive had 150 (was slight downhill) out of my williams against a 172 cup and a mini cooper s.

my roadangel was reading 148 and the others said they was reading the same.

i had exhaust and filter

VIPERONE
10-10-2007, 18:28
ive had mine off the clock when having a duel with 2 live. its the quickest i have ever been, and The bin can construction made it feel like mach 1....its not like doing 150+ in a porsche now is it ! lol

i ran a laguna box.. a mad ratio. fuel economy was awesome.. also sitting at 70mph at 3k was brill...

the change from 1st to second wasnt so good, bad rev drop.. i could hit 110 in 3d lol

Dan_mk1
10-10-2007, 18:46
My hybrid hits the limiter at 147iirc on a 7k limit...

2 live
10-10-2007, 20:43

i think i might know who was driving lol. let me guess. was this about 18 months+ ago?? the clio in question a subaru blue one?? lol

will be nick reads old un no doubt. raced him 3 times at usc.....beat him twice ;)

as for top speeds. jesus' old un with the diesel box had an immense top end. iv seen mine off the clock, with passenger downhill admittedly, but would pull 140+in std trim.

J o n
10-10-2007, 21:33
my first Williams box I had would do (speedo not GPS)

1st - 45ish
2nd - 68
3rd - 110
4th - 140
5th - WELL off the clock

and totally standard apart from that... only problem was you need a ski slope to get it on cam in 5th... or the Saddleworth hill on the M62 ;) lol

The 172 will hit 160mph on the clocks, 151mph on GPS and with more to give... it tends to run out of road before all that though, but top end pull is savage

seanofnp
10-10-2007, 22:58
My hybrid hits the limiter at 147iirc on a 7k limit...

Mine does the same...

number1
10-10-2007, 23:05
Id like to hit 150+ true speed in a clio, it would seem like you were flat out on a go-kart! but im more for ballistic acceleration more than anything, will try a derv box when (not if but when) my valver box dies

Dave

simonr85
11-10-2007, 08:44

i think i might know who was driving lol. let me guess. was this about 18 months+ ago?? the clio in question a subaru blue one?? lol

will be nick reads old un no doubt. raced him 3 times at usc.....beat him twice ;)

as for top speeds. jesus' old un with the diesel box had an immense top end. iv seen mine off the clock, with passenger downhill admittedly, but would pull 140+in std trim.

Yep it sounds like the same car (subaru blue) but his name is phil i think so he must be the new owner and lives in preston, and no it wasnt 18months ago was a few weeks ago

so whats the spec?

simonr85
11-10-2007, 08:45

Yep it sounds like the same car (subaru blue) but his name is phil i think so he must be the new owner and lives in preston, and no it wasnt 18months ago was a few weeks ago

so whats the spec?

2 live
11-10-2007, 09:15
not 100% sure on spec tbh. but the build of it runs into circa £30k.

high boost 1800 f7p , bbtunings r&d car, hence the price tag, nick paid for the co.s r&d basically.

he sold it adi in warrington, a while ago, adis now banned surprise surprise lol. he sold it on again, must be to theguy ur man was racing.

tis a quick un tho. def a bike chaser lol.

simonr85
11-10-2007, 11:19

high boost 1800 f7p , bbtunings r&d car, hence the price tag, nick paid for the co.s r&d basically.

he sold it adi in warrington, a while ago, adis now banned surprise surprise lol. he sold it on again, must be to theguy ur man was racing.

My mate is going to ask him to take me out in it soon hopefully :D will put ideas in my head

So what do you reckon it would be like against Maxiboys when his is finished?

where are you from 2live? the NW?

2 live
11-10-2007, 12:10
aye. just t'other side o burnley from you.

he had to put the 15s on to get decent 1/4 times, but on the 17s it was a mid 14 sec car with nick driving.

is a very nice car, not ott, the kits just right.

a labour of love .

Andyvalver
11-10-2007, 13:56
Sahme nobody tested teh tb clio top speed. I bet that would of cracked over 150 easy :)

Dan_mk1
11-10-2007, 17:30
Only if the limit was higher than 7k, with my hybrid its not lack of power stopping it cracking 150, its the rev limiter.

MAXIBOY
11-10-2007, 18:55

My mate is going to ask him to take me out in it soon hopefully :D will put ideas in my head

nicks was the original.

but mine should be quicker as it has a roller bearing turbo, more headwork and cams plus an lsd. yes i,m running 18,s but with very low profile rims so there not much bigger than the standard tyres.

i,m not sure the difference between the two would be major but i,m working towards 350bhp. as long as i can waste super bikes on the welsh roads i,ll be a happy bunny :twisted:

simonr85
26-10-2007, 12:01

nicks was the original.

but mine should be quicker as it has a roller bearing turbo, more headwork and cams plus an lsd. yes i,m running 18,s but with very low profile rims so there not much bigger than the standard tyres.

i,m not sure the difference between the two would be major but i,m working towards 350bhp. as long as i can waste super bikes on the welsh roads i,ll be a happy bunny :twisted:

was supposed to be going out to see that clio tonight and a 700bhp 5.7l v8 shelby but due to my clutch cable snapping AGAIN last nite i am not going to be able to meet him

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 13:33

nicks was the original.

was supposed to be going out to see that clio tonight and a 700bhp 5.7l v8 shelby but due to my clutch cable snapping AGAIN last nite i am not going to be able to meet him

were they one and the same... a 5.7 litre clio with a 700bhp lump

simonr85
26-10-2007, 14:16

nicks was the original.

were they one and the same... a 5.7 litre clio with a 700bhp lump

? what does that mean?

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 14:18
did the clio have the 700bhp 5.7 litre V8 fitted to it. or were you going to see two different cars

simonr85
26-10-2007, 14:21
did the clio have the 700bhp 5.7 litre V8 fitted to it. or were you going to see two different cars

no mate sorry, 1 is the 300bhp+ clio from warrington (now lives in preston)

and the other is a different car, a shelby (not sure which model) have not seen it yet but my mate says its rapid!!!!!

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 14:23
thats nick,s clio mate. lovely motor and would have the shelby though the twistys every time...

simonr85
26-10-2007, 14:25
yeh i know its nicks lol thats what I was saying. was hoping to get a ride in it and then i you can take me out MAXI and il compare for you :lol: :D

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 14:30
yes mate sounds like a plan that does.... 8)

simonr85
26-10-2007, 14:35
yes mate sounds like a plan that does.... 8)

cool............... where in wales u from mate?

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 14:40
west wales mate. living in carmarthen at the moment and working in brecfa mountain next to british rally stages as where refurbing a school we have just bought. some awesome twisty roads around there. plus loose stages if i,m brave enough.

simonr85
26-10-2007, 14:56
west wales mate. living in carmarthen at the moment and working in brecfa mountain next to british rally stages as where refurbing a school we have just bought. some awesome twisty roads around there. plus loose stages if i,m brave enough.

well according to google maps your 203 miles away – about 4 hours 33 mins lol but would be worth seeing the maxi in the flesh

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 15:05
well i,ll be running this weekend and will try and make a few meets then. somewhere a little closer maybe...

simonr85
26-10-2007, 15:16
well i,ll be running this weekend and will try and make a few meets then. somewhere a little closer maybe...

yeh you come meet me lol it will take you 15mins at the most in your beast!!

is it the first time you will have it running with the new head? you will have to put sum vids up too for us :P

MAXIBOY
26-10-2007, 15:17
yes mate. with new head and cams this time...

will post vids soon..

simonr85
26-10-2007, 15:21
yes mate. with new head and cams this time...

will post vids soon..

cool look forward to seeing the vids, if you need anywhere to host them just PM me and il create you an FTP account so you can easily upload to some webspace of mine :D