PDA

View Full Version : rev counter again........

mutley
03-06-2005, 16:23
Before i even consider starting this little idea of mine i need to know if its feasable.... here we go....

ive got myself a valver rev conter speedo console - currenly the willys rev counter is broken/dead, im going to take the willy one out and put the valver one in but can i change the blue dials and the needles over??? is this possible?? tricky??? i dont wanna bodge it up!!

and 'cos the valver on has done less miles how would i wind the clock on to display the correct mileage (92billion :roll: hehe)- is it going to be a fiddly job?

MatBrown
03-06-2005, 16:34
Just swap the actual rev counter over, piece of cake, and leave the speedo as it is.

Mat.

VIPERONE
03-06-2005, 17:35
yes.. carefully prise the needle off and then pull the black face off, replace it with the thin blue one.. its very easy.. just dont snap needle.

mutley
03-06-2005, 18:02
MatBrown and gunner take a bow..... just followed your advise and now i have a rev counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just took her for a spin round the one way system and i've fallen in love with her again :lol:

:D :D :D :D
thanks guys, top stuff!

p.s - for sale 1x broken rev counter for williams .....only 1200 made EVER........... hehehe.

scotte666
03-06-2005, 18:32
mutley how much u pay for a new rev counter?was it easy 2 do i been meaning 2 do this for ages but im so lazy lol

mutley
03-06-2005, 19:38
i got it off ebay (the whole set including the oil guages) for about £30 incl delivery. Really cheap! Must admit they were tatty but cos i was gonna bastardise it i wasn't too fussed!

As the above posts say - piece of piss to fit, take the old one off then undo 2star head screws (dunno the tech name for them :roll: ) at the back of he rev counter, CAREFULLY take off the needle and the blue plastic, then unclip a metal clip thing on the back by the circuit board. If i can do it anyone can!

I'm so happy with the results :D
keep an eye open on ebay to see if you can get one..... just confirm with the seller that it all works!