PDA

View Full Version : Clio TT

skipp123
16-02-2005, 13:30
anyone seen that nutter on clio sport with a 280bhp tt engine in hes 1.2 remember ages ago the post with the orange 1.2 clio with a 172 engine and nos, its back with a vengence this things going to be mad when finished link to site in a second...............

skipp123
16-02-2005, 13:37
LINK

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=140519&PagePosition=1

2 live
16-02-2005, 13:48
gunna be fukkin awesome down the 1/4 that thing now lol...fukkin fair play to him.....its diffrent, an will piss a lot of ppl off lol.....av it

northy
16-02-2005, 13:50
i recon this will make a solid conversion. Carnt wait to see it run at its first outing at york.

Good on him. Im impressd.

skipp123
16-02-2005, 14:06
i know id love to have a go in that same power to weight as lambos and porches, going to be a cracking car, what i cant understand is that hes had the balls to go out and do something differant that also works well and still theres some bloke with a supercharged V6 slagging it off bloody c.s good on him thats all im sayin and to any one with the front to try somthin diff

2 live
16-02-2005, 14:26
guy with a charged vee slaggin him off lol...not seen that mate tbh..dont really go on there much now

personally id say that matts would be the quicker of the 2 by quite amargin..i mean.the s/c isnt really gunna make that much diff down the strip as say a 100 shot of nos.....which is what matts old car..his v6 was runnin i believe lol

fair play to the bloke with the charged vee as well...is ot mk1 one??.....cos god knows the big barges need all the extra help they can get power wise

KingStromba
16-02-2005, 14:29
It might just be me (being arkward as usual) but i just cant see the point in it. It doesnt make sense. Firstly, you will argue that its a fast car and ideal for 1/4 miling. But if the guy wanted to 1/4 mile why not get a RWD car and put a decent engine in that?

Secondly, i just diont get this sleeper thing. If i was driving in my Porsche and he flew past me (which he wouldnt as it wont be quick enough to) but say he did, then id be like thinking....yeah and...? And thats assuming that i even notice him.

To me this falls into the same category as 2 ltr Novas and turbo Corsas. I just dont get it. I dont see the attraction of doing 200 mph in a turd.

Personally i have alot of respect for people who earn enough money to drive fast cars. I dont see a need to 'prove a point' in a jet fighter powered sleeper.

Like Arnold said 'when the physique reaches a certain level, yo begin to feel there is no need to remind everyone all the time about how great it is. Its like the guy driving a Ferrari on the freeway. He feels no need to race, because he knows the power is there and if he steps on the gas hes gone'.

Personally i think 10% of people race cars because they enjoy it. 90% do it to prove a point about their 'suposed lack of insecurity'.

FlamingMonkey
16-02-2005, 14:30
Yeah Chris said he went out with him and Scott the other day, Chris in the Cup, rolling start, Chris said he pulled half a Car length for about a second then Matt fecked off into the distance big style.

Saw it on saturday, looked excellent, loved the sound of the dumpl valve, same can be said for Jordi's Scirocco, thats was fuookin fast on Sat at Oulton, and it looks the part too.

Swervin_Mervin
16-02-2005, 14:49
Is that the mk1 scirocco I saw in the pics. I'd love a mint mk1 scirocco.

FlamingMonkey
16-02-2005, 14:59
Yeah the Green Shirocco Storm, it has an S3 engine in it or some sort of VAG variant.

2 live
16-02-2005, 22:14
It might just be me (being arkward as usual) but i just cant see the point in it. It doesnt make sense. Firstly, you will argue that its a fast car and ideal for 1/4 miling. But if the guy wanted to 1/4 mile why not get a RWD car and put a decent engine in that?

Secondly, i just diont get this sleeper thing. If i was driving in my Porsche and he flew past me (which he wouldnt as it wont be quick enough to) but say he did, then id be like thinking....yeah and...? And thats assuming that i even notice him.

To me this falls into the same category as 2 ltr Novas and turbo Corsas. I just dont get it. I dont see the attraction of doing 200 mph in a turd.

Personally i have alot of respect for people who earn enough money to drive fast cars. I dont see a need to 'prove a point' in a jet fighter powered sleeper.

Like Arnold said 'when the physique reaches a certain level, yo begin to feel there is no need to remind everyone all the time about how great it is. Its like the guy driving a Ferrari on the freeway. He feels no need to race, because he knows the power is there and if he steps on the gas hes gone'.

Personally i think 10% of people race cars because they enjoy it. 90% do it to prove a point about their 'suposed lack of insecurity'.

so why do u drive a williams?? dont forget this is renos way of doing the exact same thing as matt.........makin a car go faster for competition

BigBoreBri
16-02-2005, 22:29
Good lad thats what i say... Nice little hothatch with a very tunable strong engine! :lol:

Although u cant really look at it as a clio anymore...

More the hybrid offspring between gerbil and hamster, lol :P

KingStromba
16-02-2005, 22:54

so why do u drive a williams?? dont forget this is renos way of doing the exact same thing as matt.........makin a car go faster for competition

Not everyone buys a car to drive fast. I bought it as it is rare. I dont like things other people have. Dont get me wrong i enjoy driving through sweeping corners swiftly, but drag racing does nothing for me. Any fool can press an accelerator.

I have nothing against people who do it, but i just dont get it. This whole sleeper thing. I can see it would be funny once or twice, but after that it would dawn on me i am driving round in a fast turd.

2 live
17-02-2005, 10:26
lol..in that first sentance uv just answered the reason people do this......its summat no1 else has.in matts case.its even rarer than the willys..theres only 1 tt clio afaik......so how rares that??

if drag racing was as simple as pressing the accelerator, evryone would be doing the same times in the same cars....and theres a big difrence.sometimes between the drivers ability, sometimes between the cars performance.at the end of the day tho.drag racing is to beat ur own personal best time, if u beat other people in the process ...then thats just a bonus innit lol

but the sleeper thing.....thats the difrence between the modifier, and the enthusiast....the modifier is always lookin for ways to improve things.....the enthusiast is always striving for tat factory fit dealer sticker etc......horses for courses

KingStromba
17-02-2005, 12:09
Exactly. As i say absolutely nothing wrong with it, and i enjoy reading about 1.2 shod cars beating Evos. But from my point of view its not something i would want to do. I have enough trouble with the engine Renault intended for my car, last thing i need is an Audi lump in there.

As you say i would 'calssify' myself more of an Enthusiast. Id get more pride from driving a spotless Williams, than a fast one. I know some are 50 / 50 and maybe you are at the other end of the spectrum and like your speed more.

2 live
17-02-2005, 13:41
id say im somewhere in the middle tbh......i dont care that much about speed that i would ruin the willys character...if i thort only of speed mine would have been runnin a meg 225 turbo lump for the last 12 months....but cutting the shell for difrent engine mounts is something im not prepared to do to the willy.even if it would be faster

J o n
17-02-2005, 13:58
id say im somewhere in the middle tbh......i dont care that much about speed that i would ruin the willys character...if i thort only of speed mine would have been runnin a meg 225 turbo lump for the last 12 months....but cutting the shell for difrent engine mounts is something im not prepared to do to the willy.even if it would be faster

I have a spare valver for that! :D

KingStromba
17-02-2005, 14:01
What about a gas turbine engine. In an M1 A1 US battle tank the two gas turbine engines are good for 70 mph!!!!! :shock:

2 live
17-02-2005, 14:05

i need a unit lol.....need to buid summat fukkin mad lol...after iv willified the mini of course

KingStromba
17-02-2005, 15:26
What about two 1000cc motorbike engines in a williams? The Ductati engine on their top bike is good for 134 BHP apparently. :shock:

lagerlout1
18-02-2005, 14:17
Bike engined williams... nuts. No that would be rare. I'd usa a Hiyabusa 1300 ( 175 PS and 138Nm :shock: ) or Gixer 1000 engine. Gixer engine put's out about 180 bhp in standard road guise, from a 1000cc engine :shock: :shock: !!!

KingStromba
18-02-2005, 14:39
So a twin bike engine Williams, with about 300 BHP. Whack on a LSD and a sequential and that would be FUN.

Martin
18-02-2005, 21:38

i need a unit lol.....need to buid summat fukkin mad lol...after iv willified the mini of course

So Jon you gonna be running the williams this season or is the f7r mini gonna be ready at some point?

2 live
18-02-2005, 23:37
well mate.....i was hopin to have the mini runnin this year.but lack of funds/doin the house/ doin the willy/ no time/ no unit have kinda put paid to that lol

so mite bring the willy out for the first few runs..was hopin to retire it last season......undisputed like lol.....