PDA

View Full Version : Clio Cup + Porsche 911 cup drivign experiance write up +pics

Mr.AdamB
04-10-2007, 11:33
well was simply awsome wassnt long but was mad!!
was at bedford autodrome.

clio cup:
got in it was rly excited! mmmm siquenchal gear box is awsome i want 1!!! i was drooling in my helmet... well not really i just wanted to get on with it. came out the pits was 3d out. FULL GAS up the gears instructor shouting at me brake down 3 gears made a lunge up no.2 car that was out and went past him. bang bang up the gears again flat out come up to a chicane but i hesitated and lift off and was was spinnin lol, all on 1st lap

but once i got to grips the instructor was pushing me to the limits he culd see i wanted to push this car till its nuts was falling out wanted to make it go as fast as it culd! lol so he help making me brake later and later turning more agressive! caugh the others up after my spin again went past 2 of them again! flat out at 90 mph last big corner everyone was lifting off but not me!! FLAT OUT last few laps he had me powersliding round that corner at about 80 90 mph 2nd time i powerslidign roudn there the stewerds was cheerign at me on the side lol was the most fun ive ever had in a car nothing will live up to a cup race car.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8458/dscf6340mediumju4.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6979/dscf6379mediumau4.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4716/dscf6380mediumyy6.jpg

Porsche 911 cup:
well i was buzzing from the clio straigh into the porsche, tbh it was no ware near as fun as the clios u cant throw them around as i found out the hard way lol 1st 2 laps i did sum clean laps was fast then he started pushing me more and more so i was flying in this thing comming down a stragh at abotu 120 shouts "brake down 1 gear!" so bang down gear brake throw it into the corner as if it was a clio... ooops ended up spining round 3 times at 90 mph.... was FUN tho lol anyway flyign thru this lap after that came up to the same corner again but i did it again but i nearmy caugh this slide but it bite back and was was spinning opposite way to wat i did the time before!!! pretty crazy stuff!!! i was deffo the only 1 there pushing these cars as hard as i can!! think i made the instructors day as they love it wen people like me are there makes it more fun for them instead of slow plod along people! :)

but was best thing ive ever done!!! it wassnt for logn but deffo worth it!! i wanna go again nxt year want to have a go in the 197 cups as they getting 15 in for next year :D rag the s**t out of 1 of them as well :)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8393/dscf6348mediumkq2.jpg
me after 90mph spin in grass :roll:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6644/dscf6372mediumvw1.jpg
pic photographer took me me, gna buy it and put it on my wall :)
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3184/caby6xffmediumzc1.jpg

wavy
04-10-2007, 12:23
excellent sounds like your still buzzing 8) :lol:

Mr.AdamB
04-10-2007, 13:31
i just cant wait to get my mk1 finished so i can get it on track :D

yeah i am still buzzing. hehe

Wobba
04-10-2007, 13:50
I'm not surpised u still are! Sounds excellent fun!

lewis_willy2
04-10-2007, 13:53
wicked m8 i done a rally day at brands a couple of weeks ago at it was wicked. they had megane 225's and single seaters on the track. defo gna do that when i can

Mr.AdamB
04-10-2007, 14:13
iwanna go back nxt year and drive the palmer audis there about 400+ bhp\tonne single seaters! the megane i dotn think is track slaged unlike the clio cups :D

lewis_willy2
04-10-2007, 14:19
no the meganes are pretty big aint they, still looked like fun

Mr.AdamB
04-10-2007, 15:25
there ok but wotn corner like the clio not for shit! lol + it dotn have a siquenchal gearbox, wotn stop as fast as the clio wotn have the FUN factor and prob cant throw it about liek the clio. :) i like the meggy 225s but simplely not as FUN to drive.

Zollo
04-10-2007, 19:31
How much did it cost mate?

Mr.AdamB
05-10-2007, 10:29
well it was a gift for my birthday, but i think there about 250ish go to
www.palmersport.co.uk for info :)

2 live
05-10-2007, 10:50
there ok but wotn corner like the clio not for s**t! lol + it dotn have a siquenchal gearbox, wotn stop as fast as the clio wotn have the FUN factor and prob cant throw it about liek the clio. :) i like the meggy 225s but simplely not as FUN to drive.

dunno bout that..i was lapping spa a hell of a lot quicker in the r26 meg than i was in the willy, even tho the willy could just about outdrag it down the straights.

the instructors there tho got kinda nervous wen i started gettin it sideways into 1 or 2 of the corners lol. lot of fun tho, very adjustable...and unbelievably forgiving. very easy to drive pretty quickly.

sounds like u had a right scream tho.

Mr.AdamB
06-10-2007, 14:41
yeah was a scream and a half!!! i will drive the meggy 1 day but cant have been more fun than the clio cup cars can throw them about so much lol

DaveH
06-10-2007, 15:20
Ive done that at bedford aerodrome too! It was a reward for all the vw and audi apprentices graduating their apprenticeship a couple of years back. Do they do different days because it was about 10 cars throughout the day back then caterhams, jaguar jp1 race car and a formula palmer audi single seater?

I totally agree about the cup racer though they are something else and were the most fun of the day, once you get used to dipping the clutch for going down gears your ok!

simonr85
07-10-2007, 12:27
Ive done that at bedford aerodrome too! It was a reward for all the vw and audi apprentices graduating their apprenticeship a couple of years back. Do they do different days because it was about 10 cars throughout the day back then caterhams, jaguar jp1 race car and a formula palmer audi single seater?

I totally agree about the cup racer though they are something else and were the most fun of the day, once you get used to dipping the clutch for going down gears your ok!

Is the Palmer Audi the single seater with NOS?

Mr.AdamB
07-10-2007, 14:13
no no racign cars have noz, they have boost they can use it up to 8 times in a race, wen they use it it give an extra 50 bhp for 6 seconds or sumthing liek that. :)

but no noz!!! lol!

DaveH
08-10-2007, 18:37

Is the Palmer Audi the single seater with NOS?

They did have a boost function (not nos) but yes it is the single seater with a tuned 1.8t behind your head (similar to an old f1 car in shape) We werent allowed the boost button but im not surprised as most of us were 19 at the time. They were the only car we went out in on our own and they downloaded the laps data onto a printed graph comparing it to a lap by justin wilson- i was 15 seconds off the pace of him :lol: