PDA

View Full Version : bugging our phones

MAXIBOY
02-10-2007, 00:10
were the most watched nation in the world.

now were the most listen too also.

whats going on.

last one out switch off the light.

Bailey_1260
02-10-2007, 01:22
Our phones and texts have been vetted for a very long time, listening and looking for regular occurences of "key words"

IMO the countries gone to pot and we live in a dictatorship but hay ho thats just my 2 cents lol.

MAXIBOY
02-10-2007, 09:52
they passed a law yesterday that allows the government to listen to any private phone conversation private landline or mobile.that they want to. under the guise of anti terrorism. but even councils and government kwangos have this power

stan
02-10-2007, 09:59
...and log text messages.

tbh, i wouldnt be surprised if this practice isnt ongoing already, its just not fully publicised.

Lunner
02-10-2007, 11:26
meh, i've got nowt to hide

Budji
02-10-2007, 11:45
.................................................. ....................... :evil:

FATBOY
02-10-2007, 18:51
another thing that you peeps surely know. is that the phone companies can track and pinpoint exactly where you are anyone who has a phone on there respective networks.. that is until you turn of the phone and the signal dies. i believe the only people apart from the phone companies that can view this info are the police

Bailey_1260
02-10-2007, 19:49
...and log text messages.

tbh, i wouldnt be surprised if this practice isnt ongoing already, its just not fully publicised.

They have, ive seen the listening stations 4 years ago. lol

another thing that you peeps surely know. is that the phone companies can track and pinpoint exactly where you are anyone who has a phone on there respective networks.. that is until you turn of the phone and the signal dies. i believe the only people apart from the phone companies that can view this info are the police

They can triangulate your mobile signal yes, even when your fone is off it is in standby and can be traced, even remotely turnedon and accesed, the ony way is to remove power completely or put in a microwave :D

VIPERONE
02-10-2007, 20:07
its the yanks at memwith hill in harrogate that are the worst.

Spy sats can:

if i unravelled a map on the road, the sat could zooom in and read it.. ive seen the quality of the imagery of some afghan regions.

text loggin does occur however only when key words are used frequently.

for any sort of monitoring by an organisation you need a RIPA authority,

geesus
03-10-2007, 15:41

Spy sats can:

if i unravelled a map on the road, the sat could zooom in and read it.. ive seen the quality of the imagery of some afghan regions.

^^^^ tis true

i live about 5 miles from the site. got pulled over and questioned after i had been taking pics of my car with the pill (sp?) boxes and 'golf balls' in the background. they were english guys patrolling the fence, armed to the back teeth aswell :shock: nice guys tho, told them i was taking some arty shots of my car and they just said 'dont let anyone catch you parked outside the gates or they'll think your up to summat'

about a month later i went back to get some more pics but this time i drove round til i found the patrol team and asked their permission first, they said all that happens is some boffin who watches the cctv 24hrs a day (what a boring job) will ring and tell them to move me on, they were cool about it tho :D

ive heard about those spy satellites aswell being able to zoom in on car registration plates and all sorts!

white16valver
05-10-2007, 16:23
They can triangulate your mobile signal yes, even when your fone is off it is in standby and can be traced, even remotely turnedon and accesed, the ony way is to remove power completely or put in a microwave :D
How so???

MAXIBOY
05-10-2007, 17:18

Spy sats can:

not any more with this new law and of 2000 odd government bodies can now access or so called private telephone and text conversations.

and white valver. if the battery is connected they can trace the phone and log anything thats on the sim and maybe even phone memory.

Bailey_1260
05-10-2007, 18:43
How so???

Just think of when your TV is in standby mode, you can turn it on with the remote however if you pull the plug you cant.

white16valver
08-10-2007, 18:50
But if it's off it's off, surely?

If it's not primed to receive an incoming signal (i.e. if it's not turned on) then how can it be remotely 'woken up'??

Surely if what's being said above is the case a phone switched off would ring regardless if someone called?!?

My brain hurts :( lol

drsmith1979
08-10-2007, 20:33
i think what he is saying is its like when you turn your tv off with the remote, it goes into standby, even though there are no pictures on the screen it is still using power. its really in a 'dumbed' down version of being on. it still receives signals and still uses power, until you unplug it totally. just take your battery out.

triangulation, they see which signal masts are being used and can then use local masts to 'triangulate' your whereabouts, simple mathematics really.

white16valver
09-10-2007, 13:13
hmmmm

Battery out for me now then ;) lol

simonr85
09-10-2007, 15:05
there is a code you can enter in your phone to change this standby mode (i believe it gives double the battery life), i think its called the halflife, but i wouldnt wanna risk f*&*&* my fone up and not 100% sure on the above info