PDA

View Full Version : Excess Brake Dust from DS2500 Pads....

MattyH16valver
01-10-2007, 23:39
Anyone else had this problem? There well bedded in now so I can't c why they seems to give of so much dust? There giving my re-furbed willy wheels some grief....my standard pads before were not this bad..... :lol:

MAXIBOY
01-10-2007, 23:44
heard this before and also the dust has very small metal particles and is very corrosive. can ruin a nice set of alloys.

not a problem on a track slag not as good on a road car.

MattyH16valver
01-10-2007, 23:54
heard this before and also the dust has very small metal particles and is very corrosive. can ruin a nice set of alloys.

not a problem on a track s*@g not as good on a road car.

I did actually notice the metal bits when I looked at the pads mate as u mention it....I never had any trouble with my older pads. Maybe I should go for some OE ones unless u have any suggestions....I need some that will be half decent but not give off silly amounts of dust? Also noticed cos there track pads there not really that good untill there hot.

MAXIBOY
02-10-2007, 00:12
i,m not giving any recommendations as i,m yet to find any i really like since they stopped using asbestos

MattyH16valver
02-10-2007, 00:23
i,m not giving any recommendations as i,m yet to find any i really like since they stopped using asbestos

Not a bad thing really...i certianly would'nt be cleaning my wheels as much as I do if they still were! :shock:

stan
02-10-2007, 09:25
They are a high performance pad...they WILL give off dust, thats how they work at the end of the day.

If your concerned about it, I would just fit some OE ones...saves you any aggro then.

Swervin_Mervin
02-10-2007, 14:10
wot stan said. If you're worried about the duct, clean your wheels and then wax the hell out of them. Get a few layers of poly wax built up and you'll be fine so long as you clean them regularly.

MattyH16valver
02-10-2007, 18:23
Ok...cheers lads 8)

Daz.
02-10-2007, 23:13
I didn't find mine too bad at all - yes the more I give it the worse it is but I've never struggled getting it off..

I clean my wheels by hand everyt other week I'd say