PDA

View Full Version : Postcard for you all

summeh
30-09-2007, 23:57
:lol:

This is the view from my room right now in Jamaica. Wonder if the weather is as good as this in England right now :lol:

J o n
01-10-2007, 09:24
wow, looks amazing there mate! You getting offered loads of green off the locals yet? lol

AndyFielder
01-10-2007, 09:41
Nice.. very nice. Its horrible around here!

wavy
01-10-2007, 09:43
yes the weather is the same here 8)
looks stunning m8 enjoy :)

northy
01-10-2007, 10:25
very nice mate !

Keep the snaps coming!

lewis_willy2
01-10-2007, 12:12
looks B-E-A-utiful

so wanna go to jamaica.

is there loads of young kids running around with ak-47's tho :?

are you confined to the hotel unless you go out with a guide?

just a few things ive been told?

lewis

Budji
01-10-2007, 13:09
Man thats not a sight I needed to see on a cold wet sunday morning!!!

Where abouts are you in Jamaica dude, looks like negril no???

Used to live there as a kid so know most places!!

(and with regards to what TheJesus posted above, if you want green just keep an eye out for locals walking along the beach smoking it, they'll also sell it to you, but watch your wallet, most of them are nice stoner types but there are exceptions :wink: )

Enjoy either way!!

summeh
01-10-2007, 13:09
lol not jamaica mate... the locals etc are very friendly people. a lot of them go to England to work then come back to Jamaica to retire, so they like us English. Will put up some more snaps later.

Lunner
01-10-2007, 13:10
missing the bakini clad babes by the pool lol :wink:

summeh
01-10-2007, 13:17
missing the bakini clad babes by the pool lol :wink:

Aye lol, tbh there is not that many people here as its off season.

Budji
01-10-2007, 13:18
lol not jamaica mate...

???? where then ????

summeh
01-10-2007, 13:24
Where abouts are you in Jamaica dude, looks like negril no???

(and with regards to what TheJesus posted above, if you want green just keep an eye out for locals walking along the beach smoking it, they'll also sell it to you, but watch your wallet, most of them are nice stoner types but there are exceptions :wink: )

Enjoy either way!!

We're in Ocho Rios, on the north coast (middlesex I think).

Been offered the wacky backy loads, its a private beach but still get the locals walking across stoned as anything offering all sorts, apparently they aren't allowed to stop and talk to you, and security move them on pretty quick if they do. Apart from that it's amazing out here.

Roads are a bit crap here, tad more pot holes than back home (well entire sections of road missing lol). They love there cars as well, seen a few skylines and evo's (its all jap/american stuff).

summeh
01-10-2007, 13:25
lol not jamaica mate...

???? where then ????

Sorry dude that was a reply to lewis's post above saying about AK47's and it being a war zone :wink:

Purple
01-10-2007, 13:30
Looks deserted. Don't they have appropriately-attired women there? :)

Budji
01-10-2007, 13:40
We're in Ocho Rios, on the north coast (middlesex I think).

Been offered the wacky backy loads, its a private beach but still get the locals walking across stoned as anything offering all sorts, apparently they aren't allowed to stop and talk to you, and security move them on pretty quick if they do. Apart from that it's amazing out here.

Roads are a bit crap here, tad more pot holes than back home (well entire sections of road missing lol). They love there cars as well, seen a few skylines and evo's (its all jap/american stuff).

I know it well mate, used to break there at weekends when I was a kid, beaches are flapping lovely there only better one is negrill (7 miles of white sand beach) but thats a bit of a drive for you.

Roads have always been like that, just gotta excersise caution and look ahead, most common problem is flat tyres so make sure your spare is pumped up. Also be carefull driving by the sea at night, you get migrations of bull frogs accross roads at nite and there are hundreds of them, each the size of a small football, and if you hit one will do as much damage as a pot hole, not to mention making the car smell nice the next day ;)

Gotta love how every other car has diff coloured pannels, filler galore etc, when you go up into the mountains its EVERY car!!! :twisted:

FATBOY
01-10-2007, 17:54
watch out for the jamaican yardies!!!!

bluenose
01-10-2007, 21:46
I went to Jamaica once. As i was going through customs one of the guys started looking at me in a wierd way. Didnt think much of it and carried on. Then i felt a hand on my shoulder and the guy said 'come over here for a minute sir'. I shat myself as he lead me into a room and asked me to put my bag on the table. He looked me up and down and said 'have you got any illegal substances on you?' I relied nervously 'no'. He smiled at me and said 'well do you want some?'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: boom boom!
Cant remember where i heard that now :? made me laugh though!

Looks really nice out there mate and i'd be lying if i said i wasnt jealous :D spare a thought for us all while we're at work!

Lunner
01-10-2007, 21:57
Ross Kemp on gangs has just been in Jamaca, person killed every 6 hours there, like anywhere tho, certain areas you just don't go to

stan
01-10-2007, 22:23
reminds me of Scarborough when I were a lad :P

summeh
01-10-2007, 23:40
yah its kingston that is the bad place apparently, think jamaica has 980 murders per year or something (most in kingston), which makes it the number 1 murder spot per capita in the world, but its all gang related. For tourists its just like anywhere else really.

Today I've been on a jeep safari up/down the mountains. Then hiked up some waterfalls near here (Dunns River for those of u have been before).

Later we are having a beach party, so i best go get ready. Hehe :D

summeh
01-10-2007, 23:59
here's a car body shop in jamaica, we spotted this going up the mountain side, there were about 6 cars lined up outside all masked up/rubbed down ready to be sprayed. as said above most cars dont have matching panels here, lol!

Budji
02-10-2007, 11:43
you bastard!!!! word cant describe how much I want to be back there right now, anywhere warm and sunny rather than this shitty office!!!

Dunns river falls is immense, treked up there loads of times and it never looses its appeal, please say you got loads of pix of it??

YS falls is the other one, but a bit of a drive, massive waterfall you can swim out and climb up behind, its a bit un-nerving, you'd never get it past health and safety in this country!!

Know what you mean about kingston, thats where I used to live when I was a kid, its sad that its got so bad, but its never been that good to start with, we always had to drive round with doors locked and windows done up and I know people who have been mugged at traffic lights etc, long as your extra vigilant you'll be fine but be carefull mate!!

oh and if you drink coffee then get yourself some blue mountain coffee beans, great tasting and cost the earth back in england ;)