PDA

View Full Version : car tax(how many days grace??)

FATBOY
27-09-2007, 21:05
how many days can you leave it before buying your new tax disc??? i dont wanna SORN the car but want to get my tax in between either the 7th or 10th of october.. obviously i wont be driving the car with no tax!!

Lunner
27-09-2007, 21:15
Don't think you have any grace now mate

MAXIBOY
27-09-2007, 21:17
3 weeks max.

FATBOY
27-09-2007, 21:19
cheers! 3 weeks then after that a fine will come thru... god i hate having my MOT(saturday) clash with my car tax!!!! lol expensive month but hey ho.....

madman1981
27-09-2007, 21:41
someone i know got it after a few days

Crossers
27-09-2007, 23:57
THERE IS NO GRACE!!

The DVLA can now seize the vehicle if it is parked/driven on a road with no tax. There are alot of DVLA enforcers now, it can also be enforced by the Police on behalf of the DVLA.

I wouldn't risk having ur car taken from u mate, i've used this power countless times on people takin the piss (Over a month), but it can be taken the first day into the month.

Paul

u33db
28-09-2007, 09:17
I bought a bike last year that hadn't been taxed since about 2000....wasn't declared SORN and the owners never had anything through about it - odd!

I wouldn't risk more than a week or so though.

Budji
28-09-2007, 09:47
when I bought my valver the kid had been driving for a few months with no tax, not sorn'd and never got busted, depends where you park really

I've just taxed my silver clio 3 weeks late cuz it was broken and just sat on my drive, no probs there either!!

FATBOY
28-09-2007, 18:07
THERE IS NO GRACE!!

The DVLA can now seize the vehicle if it is parked/driven on a road with no tax. There are alot of DVLA enforcers now, it can also be enforced by the Police on behalf of the DVLA.

I wouldn't risk having ur car taken from u mate, i've used this power countless times on people takin the piss (Over a month), but it can be taken the first day into the month.

Paul

its going to be parked off the road in the car port which is locked.. im in no way going to be using the car on the road with no tax

Lunner
28-09-2007, 18:51
Its an automatic process now though, dont' know how long it takes to issue the fine, even if its scrapped, still ahve to declair it sorn or scrapped or you'll get fined

Crossers
28-09-2007, 19:46
Technically ur to declare it SORN, which is automatically removed once you re-tax.

Paul

titcharoony
28-09-2007, 20:35
i was 14 days late, shudnt be a problem mate, ud be unlucky to get picked up by dvla

MatBrown
28-09-2007, 21:25
If you are not going to use it on the road you will be fine for 2 weeks.
Trust me, i know.

Mat.

kenny
28-09-2007, 23:45
You might get away with it, (you could have been on holiday) providing there is no break in continuity. ie it ended on last day of sept and you tax it from 1st day of oct. Any break in continuity has to be sorned or expect the fine. If you do this you will have to get the new disc from the post office, I'm sure once you pass the renewal date you wont be able to do it on-line. If you are pulling a flanker of some sort it wont work, the whole process is automated, I know, I have some previous experience. If it's a genuine reason you will probably be ok, continuity is the key

FATBOY
29-09-2007, 00:24
obviously you get reminded a month in advance... but surely there is a cut off period after the due date? either sorn it or renew???