PDA

View Full Version : Valver stuttering problem

Andyvalver
02-06-2005, 18:04
Here is the link to rsc. I posted it there ages ago but still no joy.
Ive replaced the coil and dizz/rota arm. Has anybody had the same problem?

http://www.renaultsportsclub.co.uk/forum_3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32862

Mark_Ritchspeed
02-06-2005, 18:12
If the engines been out recently, check for any damage to the wiring loom especially around the gearbox area. ALso check every connection/ eart point that has been disturbed.

VIPERONE
02-06-2005, 18:27
i told yo before...

get this man out of the engine bay:
http://members.chello.nl/d.rijkse/pics/4.jpg
on a serious note:

check ht leads... , spark plug change??, fuel filter, fuel lines, injector clips, injector cleanliess,.. reset ecu....( remove battery /power off )...

Andyvalver
02-06-2005, 18:39
Cheers guys. :)

Jamie.
02-06-2005, 21:38
bit off topic, but those 172 alloys really look very good mate! very nice

Andyvalver
03-06-2005, 19:38
Well, got home from work this morning and it just cut out as i was pulling on the drive. Tyied it when i woke up this afternoon but it wouldnt start. I called the rac to see if they could find the problem. Still no joy, the guy spent an hour under the bonnet trying different things. The problem is beond the coil area he thinks. He dont think its a sensor cuz he says either work or they dont. My car sort of works and then doesnt lol. He pulled one of the injecter leads off and i f**kin started.WTF. He dunno why though. Anyways he tried everythin and stil dunno. Took it to my dads now to see what he can do. Maybe put it on a computer at somewhere my dad knows.
Off she goes again
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Andyvalver-picture223.jpg

BRUN
03-06-2005, 23:52
is the dizzi cap TIGHT, one of the threads had gone on my distributor which meant the dizzi cap wouldnt screw in tight on one side, once the car warmed up it would mis-fire like mad

got a new dizzi from Renault and its been fine since

Andyvalver
04-06-2005, 04:52
I bought a new coil and a new dizzy+ rota arm and still no difference. :cry:

BRUN
04-06-2005, 17:59
is it tight on though

Andyvalver
04-06-2005, 18:46
Yeah mate. Its more than a coil or dizzy. had it to bits today and swapped everythin round on to another valver. Everythin of mine works. eg the tdc sensor/coil/dizzy bla bla. Its something between the ecu and the coil area.
Getting a friend who is a auto electrician to have a look in the morn. :(

BRUN
04-06-2005, 19:04
bit of a strange one

when was the last time you changed your fuel filter, and have you run the tank low/empty recently

Andyvalver
04-06-2005, 19:09
Fuel is getting through mate. Can really smell it when tuning the engine over.

BRUN
04-06-2005, 19:17
yea but maybe not enough

Andyvalver
05-06-2005, 15:03
Well im back on the road now. Auto electrician came this morning and checked everythin. It was somethin to do with the immobiliser. There is a little black box on the inside of the drivers side footwel a bit like the alarm box. It controlls all the immobiliser/central locking ect. He unplugged that and cleaned it up and now it bloody works. He didnt acctually find the problem but he couldnt get my car to sop workin again so we have had to leave it.