PDA

View Full Version : tech info

105epwr
25-09-2007, 22:17
hi.im new to this forum so hello!
can anyone help ive had my 1.8 16v for a yr now and wot a motor,had my first trackday on sunday it was great im now looking in to buying a ex rally williams rep.he claims a williams motor in her but how can i tell if its a 2.0 or an 1.8?am i right in saying the williams has a tubular ex manifold unlike my square cast type 1.8 item?
i may not notice the extra power between the 2.0 and the 1.8 as mines chipped,de-cated etc
also wots the soft pedal converstion as this is my second clutch cable thanks

cliokongen
25-09-2007, 23:01
hi.im new to this forum so hello!

Welcome :-)

can anyone help ive had my 1.8 16v for a yr now and wot a motor,had my first trackday on sunday it was great im now looking in to buying a ex rally williams rep.he claims a williams motor in her but how can i tell if its a 2.0 or an 1.8?am i right in saying the williams has a tubular ex manifold unlike my square cast type 1.8 item?

Yes - different manifolds, think the coloured spot on the dip stick is different as well, Engine no. (front right on engine block) should read F7R

i may not notice the extra power between the 2.0 and the 1.8 as mines chipped,de-cated etc

Think you will notice - much more bottom end grunt in the 2L

also wots the soft pedal converstion as this is my second clutch cable thanks

Use genuine Renault clutch cable - lasts longer.

Michael

Lunner
26-09-2007, 20:28
Bullshit about the Renault cables lasting longer, i've had a GSF one in my hybrid for the last year and a half and its still going, best one in my experience (RSi used to eat them for breakfast) is a Halfords one.

Also bullshit about the pattern part ones not fitting properly

Coops
26-09-2007, 20:37
in my experience, even correctly routed the pattern ones i've had have always snapped short of expected life, so bullshit to you too sir, its all about personal experience! :wink:

Lunner
26-09-2007, 20:47
Yeah guess it is, i must be special, but how do they last6 compared to Renault ones

richy
26-09-2007, 20:49
every non-gen cable ive tried wouldnt fit!

Daz.
26-09-2007, 21:06
every non genuine cable I've had (which is 2) has killed itself and my pedal assembly (which is 2) :lol:

105epwr
01-10-2007, 19:12
ok thanks chaps,test drove this 2.ol w.end and **** me its quicker than my 1.8,so i laid a deposit!first gear seems alot shorter than my 1.8 aswell as the 1.8 first gear goes forever.

as for my clutch cable it lasted 6months and was a gen renault now on the second gen one so see wot happens????