PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

griffstar
19-09-2007, 09:29
Hello all!

I took ownership of my Williams clio 3 about 6 months ago. A cracking little car with N3 WLM as the original reg, apparently an ex-renault demo car from a London dealership.
Bit of a change from the Subaru Impreza turbos i have perviously owned, as i work for Subaru they were the obvious choice but i fancied a change and have adored the Clio Williams since i was a youth.
The biggest shock is the reliabilty (had it coming really, it is an 11 year old renault after all!). I Have fixed some of the standard clio charms ie. noisy PAS (slick 50 fluid), no heater blowers etc. but im am stuck on this one:

The fuse for the left hand sidelight/rear tail lamp fuse keeps blowing. From the Haynes manual i can see that the dash illumination and front fog switch also used this fuse, they are also not working.
Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if it is a common Clio issue so I can look at that first before taking the dash out and tracing the wires?
Thanks peeps!

MAXIBOY
19-09-2007, 10:32
hello and welcome

northy
19-09-2007, 10:36
Hello and welcome....check that you are getting the correct voltage to the lamps and u have the correct rated fuse fitted

MatBrown
19-09-2007, 20:16
Try disconnecting the electric window switches one at a time.

Mat.

griffstar
20-09-2007, 08:17
Excellent, thanks for the ideas lads.
I'll let you know how i get on, looks like im busy the weekend lol!

Budji
20-09-2007, 12:13
welcome mate :D

Rob72
21-01-2008, 00:25
so griffstar....wots the best, scooby or willy ?
in your opinion.