PDA

View Full Version : just crashed 0013

wavy
18-09-2007, 17:34
just ran in the back of some guy in a civic
after he had just ran in to a merc clk
we was all leaving a junction and a lolly pop lady stepped out in front of the merc
she slammed on he hit her hard and i hit him soft ish

i have rung insurance and they seem to think it will be a write off
its only
bonnet / bumper / wing / lichts + indicators / inner plastic wing
thats all i can see coz bonnet is stuck so leaving it till its picked up tomorrow to be looked at
she does say coz of its age it will prob be wrote off
and i will get market value
i see this is where the problem will be
in my view its worth £3000 min
i know they will say £1500 or summat
so i will have a look for good adverts for williams and get a good price to show my case

i have said i dont want to lose the car so will see what they say

any advise would be greatly appreciated

this is my first proper crash/claim so not sure how they will screw me yet
but im sure they will

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/wavydavyuk/Photo-0090.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/wavydavyuk/Photo-0089.jpg

MatrixGuy
18-09-2007, 17:38
Shvt, sorry to see his happen bud!

Hope everything works out.

How can that be a write off?!

wavy
18-09-2007, 17:39
thats what i said they aint even seen it
she said purley down to age

FATBOY
18-09-2007, 17:41
sorry to hear that mate!

told ya mervin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
FATBOY wrote:
thing to remember nowadays mate. insurance companies want older vehicles of the road now. so they will write a any car over 10 years old off for the slightest bit of damage.

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
In a word: Bollocks.

Daz.
18-09-2007, 18:07
thats what i said they aint even seen it
she said purley down to age

I HATE the way they say this - how can anyone safely insure a classic then these days?

What about all those cars that a worth a fortune now but had to endure a period where it was worth **** all?

God it gets me so mad!

Who are you with by the way?

fasterthanjesus
18-09-2007, 18:09
no way is that a right off.

get quotes from decent garages, and fight your corner.

bad luck old boy.

MAXIBOY
18-09-2007, 18:12
insure with hic and get a great deal with an agreed valve for an extra 16 quid.

bluenose
18-09-2007, 18:17
Gutted for you mate! Looks like a pretty straightforward fix to me though :?
Keep us updated as to how you get on, would be a shame to lose it as it was a nice example :cry: Good luck!

talkingfish
18-09-2007, 18:30
gutted to see such a good example possibly being written off.... fight them all the way m8y!!!!

Daz.
18-09-2007, 18:32
insure with hic and get a great deal with an agreed valve for an extra 16 quid.

Will contact them when it runs out this time round - I'm not taking chances anymore

Budji
18-09-2007, 18:41
thats a gutter mate :cry: doesnt look like a wrirte off tho, get someone else to quote lol

and if the worst really does come can I have dibs on the manifold heat shild please? :twisted:

drsmith1979
18-09-2007, 18:50
if they do write it off, dont take their first offer, shop around, Northy and others on here can help with previous sale prices of similar specced cars in the same condition, get some pictures and clips from autotrader and send them in, same goes for piston heads. if that fails, we can all pretend to sell our cars on pistonheads with a massively inflated price to help you out 8)

if they have written it off, buy it back.. i for one will have your wheels haha :lol:

Daz.
18-09-2007, 18:52
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/915/55048316.JPG

geesus
18-09-2007, 19:34
i work in motor vehicle insurance claims so if you need any info or advice then give me a shout

there are a number of routes you can go down depending on certain things (like if you want the car back, if you dont want it registered as a write off etc)

Mattie
18-09-2007, 19:45
mite not look like a write off however when sumone reversed into me i went through there insurence....only damage to my car was the bonnet, had to have new bonnet.....ended up costing £600!!!!

if they argue its only worth 1500 then just replacing the bonnet is nearly half its value!

Insurance companys suck :evil:

MattyH16valver
18-09-2007, 20:16
Thats sad news mate...surely can't be a write off! :? Stupid insurance companies....sure a few people on here will asist with parts etc to get her back to her former glory 8) Good luck fella

wavy
18-09-2007, 20:34
:) cheers everybody
yes i am planning on keeping it and fixing it
will see what they say tomorrow then start looking for replacement bits

i do see how the money adds up real fast when buying new parts
what whould it be classed as if they wrote it off and i fixed it
?? cat c ? b ? dunno what it means

MattyH16valver
18-09-2007, 20:55
Salvage is categorised from A to D

Category D

The least damage suffered of the four categories e.g. vehicles replaced under 'new for old' schemes, vehicles written-off to minimise hire charges.

The vehicle can be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs.

* Note: the following was amended in the 2001 code of practice for the disposal of motor salvage, a pdf copy of which can be viewed by clicking here

The PAV (Pre Accident Value) does not exceed £2,000 (£1,000 for motorcycles), or for more expensive vehicles, where the engineer's assessed repair costs do not exceed the PAV.

Category C

Substantial damage, but repairable by an repairer or enthusiast.

The vehicle can be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs. The PAV (Pre Accident Value) exceeds £2,000 (£1,000 for motorcycles) and the engineer's assessed repair costs exceed the PAV.

Category B

Heavy damage e.g. bent chassis

The vehicle cannot be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs. However, the vehicle contains economically salvageable parts.

Category A

A 'total loss' e.g. burn-out. The only value is the scrap metal.

The vehicle cannot be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs and there are no economically salvageable parts.

drsmith1979
19-09-2007, 06:53
they will simply look at it from decent bodyshop and dealer part prices, new wings, new bonnet, new slam panel, headlights, bumper, fogs, piping, maybe new rad, mounts, inner wing repair etc.....

soon adds up, then you have paint onto of that, total front end respray so it may be touch and go. i would be tempted to buy it back if its a write off and either strip it for parts or make it into a track slag!

northy
19-09-2007, 08:30
Sorry to hear this mate - if u get chance buy it back and bring it over to mine - i will help fix it for u!

seanofnp
19-09-2007, 09:43
Unlucky mate, must be the number... ;)

no really though, hope you can sort it out! doesnt look too bad.

MAXIBOY
19-09-2007, 10:10
is there damage to the inner wings

northy
19-09-2007, 10:26
looks like there will be damage to the slam panel i would say....

bluenose
21-09-2007, 11:34
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clio-mk1-16v-williams-bodykit-bumpers-wings-bonnet_W0QQitemZ220150763049QQihZ012QQcategoryZ104 10QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

most of the front end as a job lot here mate! Might be able to pick it up quite cheap.

wavy
21-09-2007, 12:33
looks like they are gonna fix it
£1985 repair bill
2-3 weeks in the body shop
just gotta wait to hear for definate :?:

northy
21-09-2007, 12:38
nice, get the bodyshops details and ring them to say u want the arch doing as a side job :winkey:

Daz.
21-09-2007, 13:27
nice, get the bodyshops details and ring them to say u want the arch doing as a side job :winkey:

**** that should have made a mess of the arches before they looked at it! whoops!