PDA

View Full Version : Newbee hello and help!

griffstar
17-09-2007, 13:35
Hello all!

I took ownership of my Clio Williams 3 about 6 months ago. A cracking little car with N3 WLM as the original reg, apparently an ex-renault demo car.
Bit of a change from the Subaru Impreza turbos i have perviously owned, as i work for Subaru they were the obvious choice but i fancied a change and have adored the Clio Williams since i was a youth.
The biggest shock is the reliabilty (had it coming really, it is an 11 year old renault after all!). I Have fixed some of the standard clio charms ie. noisy PAS (slick 50 fluid), no heater blowers etc. but im am stuck on this one:

The fuse for the left hand sidelight/rear tail lamp fuse keeps blowing. From the Haynes manual i can see that the dash illumination and front fog switch also used this fuse, they are also not working.
Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if it is a common Clio issue so I can look at that first before taking the dash out and tracing the wires?
Thanks peeps!

Scougar
17-09-2007, 13:48
I think only 1 rear fog light is meant to light up, although there is provision for a 2nd. Check someone hasn't put in 2nd bulb, that may cause more draw on the system causing the fuse to blow (a guess obviously).

Oh, and I know exactly where your coming from about jap to french. Mine is awful after I had my 1998 200sx. It starts everyday, but there are loads of little things that are either wrong or just stop working if it's damp or I smell fuel... or keep going wierd brakes/clutch. Be prepared for lots of joy with clutch cable/pedal.

...and welcome to the club :p

Matthew

drsmith1979
19-09-2007, 06:57
welcome to the club!

not sure on the particular problem, have you checked the earths on the rear lights? they can sometimes cause crazy things to happen! lol

griffstar
19-09-2007, 08:45
Thanks for the responses, i'll have a look but I think im just trying to put off taking the dash out!
Glad someone else is feeling the jap to french thing! My Subarus in the past never skipped a beat, never even had a blub blow but thats part of the charm of the Williams..... lol

Thanks guys!

Crossers
19-09-2007, 12:22
Check the connector plug on the rear light, mine had melted causing it to be temperamental.

Paul