PDA

View Full Version : Flat tyre and confirmed other bits

Scougar
17-09-2007, 08:03
Morning chaps :)

Well, I managed to have the inside of the passenger tyre shred on me on Sunday morning. Could see metal all the way around eek! Was only going about 40 and there was more noise than anything dangerous thankfully.

Found out how pathetically useless the wheel bolt handle is. Had to force the bolts free with my foot on the bar (I have never had to do that with ANY other car.... is this a frenchie speciality?)

Anyway... after lowering the spare tyre, finally confirmed that the rear brake lines are also braided (along with the fronts :D).

Keep getting nice little surprises on my car lol.

2 new tyres coming up along with some tracking as it's pulling to the left. Hope you guys had a safe weekend :)

Matthew

Budji
17-09-2007, 12:34
If you mean the wheel brace thing then yeah is a pathetic effort, I always keep a 19mm socket and knuckle bar in the back, just in case

what tyres you getting??

Scougar
17-09-2007, 13:43
Tyres, not sure yet. Might get some eagle F1's on the front, or some falken fk452's as they all seem to be between £35-50 each (which isn't that much considering dunlop sp sport maxx on my old car were costing me £100 ish per tyre.

Only concerned about the p6000's on the back and then using ultra grippy rubber on the front. Wondering if it will upset the handling and make the back end to slide happy (To be honest, didn't really have a prob with the P6000's as I don't normally 'death-wish drive').

Might try some proxes thinking about it, or maybe... just maybe some 888's hehe.

Matthew

Budji
18-09-2007, 10:32
I'm running 2 F1s up front on my 1.6 clio, and 2 shitty continentals on the back, they came with the car and I've never managed to kill them yet so they're still there :?

TBH although its tried to come round on me a few times, long as your aware it might happen and your on the button it not a problem, and its only ever when I've been pushing hard in the wet

Justin..
18-09-2007, 18:45
yeah the crank style wheel bolt spanner is gash. i'm looking to get a cross bar one. much better 8)

white16valver
18-09-2007, 20:15
On the tyre front, F1s! :D

Get the new asymmetric ones so we can find out how good they are ;) lol

Scougar
19-09-2007, 07:20
On the tyre front, F1s! :D

Get the new asymmetric ones so we can find out how good they are ;) lol

lol... i like my bank balance!!

Matthew

AndyFielder
19-09-2007, 07:38
anyone got pics of the new tread pattern?

Budji
20-09-2007, 11:23
or knows how much they are compared to the old ones??

summeh
20-09-2007, 14:27
What new ones? Don't you mean the GSD3's that everyone has run for the last few years? They are asymmetric.

:?:

Scougar
20-09-2007, 14:44
I believe they are named F1 Asymmetric (Spl?) but I could be wrong.

Trying to hold out till the end of the month on the rusty looking spare wheel (thank goodness it isn't a stupid space saver!), and the driver side one that really needs to be replaced. I'm not racing anywhere as any hint of throttle means my clutch pedal stops working, and i'm trying to delay repairing that as well lol.

Matthew

summeh
20-09-2007, 19:21
nice, doesn't look half as aggressive/good as a v tred pattern tho :/

Scougar
21-09-2007, 09:32
You'll be wanting led washers soon then ;)

Matthew