PDA

View Full Version : puma racing.

MAXIBOY
16-09-2007, 21:26
i have just asked for a refund only to receive a rather rude e-mail.

i have replied.

i await an outcome and will keep you informed.

Coops
16-09-2007, 21:27
this about your head mate?

MAXIBOY
16-09-2007, 21:29
yes mate. won,t accept responsibility even though the head was that poor the engine ran on three cylinders andi now have an engineers report to back up mine and stan original findings.

Coops
16-09-2007, 21:33
get em to court matey, its not on that and to insult you with an arsey email is frankly rediculous behaviour for a reportedly respectable and from what i believe fairly large/well known company

MAXIBOY
16-09-2007, 21:38
rest assured if i don,t get a refund i will be following this up.

Daz.
16-09-2007, 21:45
C'mon! Chuck Norris there ass 8)

MAXIBOY
21-09-2007, 00:01
i wrote saying

As I don,t expect to get any recompense from you towards this I intend to publish this story along with the engineers reports on every forum I can to warn others.

he then wrote this in response.

Then you are going to find yourself in the High Court facing defamation charges which will cost you tens of thousands of pounds. I will also bring charges with the police of harassment contrary to the 1997 Protection From Harassment Act which is a criminal matter and an arrestable offence. So it really boils down to whether you want to ruin your life over this or get over it as you have refused to allow me to inspect the items and make a proper determination.

You are not to contact me again other than by post via solicitors if you so choose. Any other contact will be treated as harassment.

yours sincerely,

D.R.Baker

i think this says it all. small claims court time. how can it be defamation when its all absolutely true.

stay well away from this ............. still sounds like hes been here before

summeh
21-09-2007, 01:09
Bloody hell mate, small claims court, or get one of those no win no fee solicitors. Make sure u keep all emails etc, diary, log of events etc.

Bailey_1260
21-09-2007, 02:08
get him in court then stab him!

what a knobber, only wants to see it so he can get rid of the evidence!

white16valver
21-09-2007, 13:59
You could arrange for him to meet at your solicitors office with his solicitor (and the engineer/s who has/have produced your report/s), giving him the chance to inspect the goods at a neutral location with a number of witnesses.

I would also make sure you dig up the legislation he is referring to to see exactly what it says and what you will need to do to play and win the game he is starting.

Good luck - don't let the bastards get you :)

Crossers
21-09-2007, 16:16
lol at..

"Then you are going to find yourself in the High Court facing defamation charges which will cost you tens of thousands of pounds. I will also bring charges with the police of harassment contrary to the 1997 Protection From Harassment Act which is a criminal matter and an arrestable offence. So it really boils down to whether you want to ruin your life over this or get over it as you have refused to allow me to inspect the items and make a proper determination.

You are not to contact me again other than by post via solicitors if you so choose. Any other contact will be treated as harassment".

As a Police Officer I (and other bobbies on here) can tell you that that is a load of crap!! It is a civil dispute and nothing more, certainly not a criminal matter in any way shape or form!! There is no chance police would get involved in something like this!

As for a "high Court" matter! What a numpty, he clearly has no idea of the court system; nore any idea of the distinction beteen civil and criminal law. I agree that Harrasment (which this ain't) is an arrestable offence....however as of Jan 1st 2006, as per the Serious Organised Crime & Police Act 2005 (SOCAP), all offences are arrestable (including littering)!

He's just blagging fella, i'd be seaking advice under legal aid and pursuing a civil claim against him if he's being like that.

Paul

MAXIBOY
21-09-2007, 16:51
so the story goes like this.

i phoned a guy and talked to him about doing a no expense spared full on cylinder head for my clio turbo.

this all sounds great so i package the head of with a two hundred ponds starting fee.

this in on 17/10/05. i,m told approx three months turned around time.

three months later i asking where it is at at this stage. told its nearly done. woohoo.

keep checking on progress but its still not ready.

this continues right up until 13/10/06 when i,m finally told its done a received a bill for the outstanding 555.00

i pay this and then nothing.

i send e-mails letters try to phone nothing.

i then get totally fed up and ring the police.

this gets a response.

he then contacts me and says it will be a few weeks.

it duly arrives in march 2007. i have a quick check over and bolt in to the block.

then i,m a little busy. i get the engine in the car and running in july this year.

then it only runs on three cylinders. i do a compression check. compression is done on two cylinders. one really poor.

i do a leakage test and find its the valves.

head off. valves seem ok. seats seem not to be to bad but not a perfect set of seats as i was expecting but they seem to seal on the diesel test.

what turns out to be the problem is that every seat is cut to a different depth and the very worst ones so poor that once assemble even with dry tappets they aren,t seating.

if have then taken the head to a local engineering company to have this confirmed and this engineer makes up a test rig to measure this against a standard head and confirms our findings.

this then has eight new seats fitted and is in the process of being done.

also the quality of the work porting is not good so thats being measured on a flow bench then put right so before and after graphs are available.

i offered to return the head for a full refund. then asked for only 400 to cover the costs.

all i have received is excuses threats and the offer to put it right at my expense.

the full story from my side.

sorry its taken so long but i wanted to check my facts.

Daz.
21-09-2007, 17:05
looks sound as a pound to me - I can't really see how he can dispute any of it - maybe for the part where you were busy but that shouldn't really be an issue it just tends to be if you get me - a shop gets arsey the longer you leave it to return something etc.. etc..

Allan
21-09-2007, 20:14
have you altered the head now though ? as you kinda remove your evidence if you have, i know you have the graph and engineers report, but maybe the head would be required untouched if you went to court

Lunner
22-09-2007, 12:04
I know you wanted your head sorted and car working, but altering it and getting ti fixed by a third party, wasn't i think in light of what you are after, the way to go, shoudl ahve given puma racing the chance to correct it

MAXIBOY
22-09-2007, 13:14
i checked this with the trading standards and was told i did not have to give puma racing the chance to correct it as i had to involve the police to get it returned the first time.

they lost there right to have it returned. i have had it looked at by two engineers and he refused to refund me on return of goods or to compensate me for the costs. i am now taking him to court.

Lunner
22-09-2007, 13:16
oh right fair enough, now you put it like that lol

summeh
22-09-2007, 18:11
nice one, war :!:

stan
22-09-2007, 19:22
If it was returned to Puma, he would have fixed it, kept quiet, and billed Neil for his "time for checking it over".

The engineering work carried out, this isnt including port modifications btw...just machining ops to make it work, isnt/wasnt a good job at all. There was max. valve seat depth variation (installed valve height) of 1.2mm!!! the standard engineering tolerance is 0.1mm!
It was VISUALLY obvious there was a problem even before we got the measuring equipment out!

Justin..
22-09-2007, 19:24
damn man good luck! not that you going to need it by the sounds! is the head still in the stata puma gave it to you or has it been repaired?

stan
22-09-2007, 19:28
its been repaired back to a proper working state, to a standard beyond most engine reconditioners means.

MAXIBOY
22-09-2007, 20:23
:D apd the place to be......... 8)

Lunner
22-09-2007, 20:29
:D apd the place to be......... 8)

Gotta agree :D

stan
22-09-2007, 23:34
I thank thee :D

simonr85
24-09-2007, 13:46
is it pumaracing.co.uk? if so, i have an idea

wouldnt it be funny if everytime somebody typed in puma racing in google, the #1 result turned out to be this thread, I can do this but would probably take about 3months, what you think Maxi?

how much business would they get then?

stan
24-09-2007, 13:58
its a locked forum to none members of this club...

MAXIBOY
24-09-2007, 14:01
be funny to get a google ranking above them with a story page.

simonr85
24-09-2007, 15:04
if you want to write an article/complaint il upload it on weblogz.co.uk and then we can work on gettin it moved up googles results pages :D

MAXIBOY
24-09-2007, 17:24
cool mate i,ll will do that.. :D

simonr85
24-09-2007, 18:57
ok let me know when and il make a page.

Then il post the code up here for any1 who wants to help put the link in any of their other forum sigs as that will help improve our search rankings and il give you a list of sites to add the url to and within weeks maybe months we will be above them in google :lol:

Glad i can help Maxi

Oh and i havent forgot about them CD's, just been ill recently and had other things on lol, will get the info up asap mate