PDA

View Full Version : Larger Master Cylinder

Lunner
14-09-2007, 19:29
What car has a larger master cylinder which is a direct swap for the clio one??

A 2.0 laguna seems to ring a bell???

cliokongen
14-09-2007, 19:41
I might be wrong but - does it have to be from a Renault?
Would't most fit?
Is a std. Willi/Valver one large enough for using with 4 pots?

Michael

Lunner
14-09-2007, 19:46
Yeah but want something thats a direct swap if poss, minimum hassle

Lunner
14-09-2007, 20:56
Right apparently i'm after a smaller one, larger one makes the pedal harder, and a smaller one will put more pressure through the system

number1
14-09-2007, 20:59
Reno 5 base model one?? would be interesting to know,

Dave

cliokongen
14-09-2007, 21:33
Found this - very interesting!
But way to tired to actually understand any of it... :D

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/files/hydraulic%20system%20theory.pdf

Michael

Lunner
14-09-2007, 21:57
Been doing some research, you fit 4 pots and so they need more fluid movement to make them work, as they have more pistons, with a std master cylinder this can sometimes not ahve enough capacity to move enough fluid to make the brakes work really well, ie pedal is to the floor and wont' go any further.

In this case you need to fit a larger bore master cylinder which will push more fluid through.

How ever there is a drawback with this, the larger the master cylinder, the lower the pressure in the brake pipes for the same force applied, so you either need to get an uprated servo, or press down like **** on the pedal

matty w
14-09-2007, 22:25
Been doing some research, you fit 4 pots and so they need more fluid movement to make them work, as they have more pistons, with a std master cylinder this can sometimes not ahve enough capacity to move enough fluid to make the brakes work really well, ie pedal is to the floor and wont' go any further.

In this case you need to fit a larger bore master cylinder which will push more fluid through.

How ever there is a drawback with this, the larger the master cylinder, the lower the pressure in the brake pipes for the same force applied, so you either need to get an uprated servo, or press down like f**k on the pedal

i'm sure a larger master cylinder means less pedal travel,and i think the one off a one seven two can be used

Lunner
14-09-2007, 22:29
Thats what i said.......

Thomas GT Turbo
29-09-2007, 02:06
Been doing a bit of research, there are two main cylinders i've found that fit's the Clio.

One is from a Laguna 2.0 8V from about 1995 with Bendix system and non ABS.

The second one is from a Citroen Saxo and can be bought from Citroen sport.

Both cylinders are 23,8mm.

I don't know if the Laguna one will actually fit the car, know more about that in a couple of weeks.

The one from Citroen sport does fit the car have been tested.
The part number for the Citroen sport is 1F6306571A

Hope this helps some one a bit.

I'm gonna try the Laguna one on my Own car with Hi-spec 4 pots, my problem is that i can't lock the wheels. Guess the Original cylinder is too small with only 19,8mm