PDA

View Full Version : Write your car off any day of the week

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:00
Does anyone else get slightly annoyed by the fact that you can easily write your car off/have an accident whenever you go out for a drive? (normal drive I mean :wink: )

There is a roundabout just down the road from me, I always need to turn right last exit off it, so get in the right hand land. Normally someone is in the left hand lane, but very often, they decide to go all the way round and peel off at the last exit same as me. Obviously I have to take avoiding action or else they'd cut me up and be an accident!

This happens quite often, and I'm 100% certain I could pick any day of the week to go and write my car off using this method! lol. It is slightly annoying that a lot of people on the roads just aren't aware/make up their own rules half the time!

Then there are those pricks that "speed up to close the gap" on motorways so you can't pull out to the fast lane. Even though you'd boot it and not effect them in any way. ****ing hate people like that! lol

Is it just me? :twisted:

Rant over

Scougar
14-09-2007, 16:06
Nope.

Melissa had someone do exactly that (the roundabout thing) and then screamed at Melissa that she'd done something wrong. The fact that the other car had a learner plate on was a bit worrying lol. Obviously the instructor was clueless.

You'll find that even though it's left lane for left and straight on, when the roundabout it labelled differently, people still adhere to this rule. Normally cut lanes on me (I am always wary at roundabouts as some peeps just don't have a clue).

Matthew

FATBOY
14-09-2007, 16:07
thing that annoys me most are the cunts who go in the right hand lane up to a roundabout junction and say there are 2 exits (straight ahead and right ) and they try and cut/merge in to go straight ahead. dont they know that its left hand lane to go straight ahead and right hand lane to turn right(and not straight ahead)

Laine_16v
14-09-2007, 16:11
After my first accident i am much much more wary every single time i go out for a drive now

Scougar
14-09-2007, 16:14
Trouble is it will end up 50/50 on insurance ith relation to roundabouts when they are in the wrong. I dislike insurance companies for that.

Mini roundabouts are a complete laugh when people don't even indicate to cut across you.

Matthew

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:15
thing that annoys me most are the c**ts who go in the right hand lane up to a roundabout junction and say there are 2 exits (straight ahead and right ) and they try and cut/merge in to go straight ahead. dont they know that its left hand lane to go straight ahead and right hand lane to turn right(and not straight ahead)

That depends on the exiting road mate.

If the straight ahead road has 2 lanes (often filtering to one) then it is fine to use EITHER lane to enter the roundabout. Obviously if the roundabout is labelled different then you should ignore what I just said. I do this all the time. Mind you, thats with a normal round about having left straight and right. I assume ahead and right only would be labeled for the correct lane usage.

FATBOY
14-09-2007, 16:18
it doesnt really have 2 lanes???? it has a wide lane which quickly goes into a single lane, if its meant to be a lane that merges surely it should have arrows on the road arcing round to the left.. which this road does not have....plus theres no signs saying merge now

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:18
50/50 really? Even if they admit they are in the wrong?

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:19
it doesnt really have 2 lanes???? it has a wide lane which quickly goes into a single lane, if its meant to be a lane that merges surely it should have arrows on the road arcing round to the left.. which this road does not have....plus theres no signs saying merge now

Not sure lol.

FATBOY
14-09-2007, 16:20
ive had plenty of road rage at that place every night on the way home.. one night i wasnt letting some cunt merge in and we were going down the road (single lane) side by side. he was f'in and jeffin at me and i was likewise to him back...

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:21

Not sure lol.

If in doubt you could always bomb up the right hand lane on approach, and go all the way around the round about then come off where you like, perfectly legal :wink: I do this if a mooooosive queue, hehe.

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:22
ive had plenty of road rage at that place every night on the way home.. one night i wasnt letting some c**t merge in and we were going down the road (single lane) side by side. he was f'in and jeffin at me and i was likewise to him back...

How is the approch road labeled?

Scougar
14-09-2007, 16:23
Hope your clutch cable don't snap right then lol.

50/50 thing. yes quite often from what I hear, even if otehr party admit liability!!!! Shocking I know.

Matthew

Scougar
14-09-2007, 16:24
How is the approch road labeled?

If it isn't labelled then it left lane go left and straight on, right hand lane turn right. If it's labelled then rules are followed with the signs/arrows. Some roundabouts are totally f'd up though.

Matthew

summeh
14-09-2007, 16:26
Hope your clutch cable don't snap right then lol.

50/50 thing. yes quite often from what I hear, even if otehr party admit liability!!!! Shocking I know.

Matthew

Thats crazy?!?! Why the hell do we pay insurance for. Maybe we should only be paying half the premium? :idea:

bluenose
14-09-2007, 16:40
I have a wierd one on the way home from work (i go different ways to and from work just so i dont get too bored! lol.)

Basically, the left hand lane is for entering the motorway sliproad only. The right hand lane is for going straight on. You cant turn right as it is the slip road exiting the motorway.
The slip road to get onto the motorway also has traffic coming down it as there is a country lane that comes out on the slip road and you can either come down to the island or get on the motorway.
People get in the left hand lane thinking it is to go straight on (although there is a whacking great sign advising them otherwise) and then realise its only for the motorway when they are confronted with the exit and cut back into the other lane. The traffic coming down from the slip road have to avoid them and then they have to try and bully their way into the line of traffic going straight on.
I've learned to just sit in the right hand lane now and zip up past people on the inside before the buggers cut infront of me! You can never tell where they are going as we all know indicators are optional extras on executive saloons :roll: :twisted:

simonr85
14-09-2007, 17:32
i get this every day on my way home i go in right lane at roundabout to go right abd there is usually a lot of cars in the left lane going straight on. There are no road markings on the roundabout so people in the left lane going straight on always cut the corner and nearly take my front wing off, it happens every nite without doubt and i have to almost stop dead.

I had a thought about takin my saxo with all my mates piled in on this roundabout and letting the tosser hit me and get a nice dose of whiplash etc, but then i remembered ive got 5yrs no claims, would i lose them?

white16valver
14-09-2007, 18:00
Perhaps it's just me getting old lol but if you can see someone's going to **** up, why deliberately get in their way or punish them for it? It could be you one day.

And if they're cheeky, don't be a king of the road and dish out revenge - one day you'll be cheeky too!

Karma, man, Karma 8) lol

(though I reserve the right to ignore all the above advice and swear profusely at the fcuking idiots I meet on the roads LOL :lol:

FATBOY
14-09-2007, 18:24
the road is not labelled with arrows etc. but the sign is just a roundabout sign with... straight ahead clacton,frinton,walton. and the right hand exit is labelled elmstead market,colchester. bassically its of the end of a long slip road of the A120

richy
14-09-2007, 19:48
i was on a roundabout on the right hand lane as i wanted the last exit, just as i passed the 2nd exit a mondeo and a van pulled out and was sat about 1ft off my bumper, this bloke was shouting and waving at me! :? even tho he nearly ran into me, i just slowed to i almost stopped and sat blocking them both! wankers!! :twisted:

the amount of ppl i see everyday who really are bad drivers is amazing, im no god but bloody hell! its mad!

talkingfish
15-09-2007, 16:27
must admit I am now quite paranoid when driving the Williams of something happening.... I definately feel different driving it to our other cars which I care much less about.... After all the work I have already put into the car it would be such a shame if it got writen off.... hope it never happens.....