PDA

View Full Version : New Owner - Introduction and a question

Hozcat
12-09-2007, 14:22
Hello all. I purchased my first Clio Williams last week so I thought I'd pop by and say hello as I'm bound to need plenty of advice and help during my ownership.

The car itself a Willy 2. It's been modded slightly (angel eyes, KTR manifold, sports cat, stainless exhaust and viper kit) but I'm intending to return it to standard over a period of time.

The bodywork on the car is solid with only some minor bubbling on the lip of the drivers side rear arch (I think the arches have had work previously) and the underside of the doors and tailgate. Altough the bodywork's solid, the car is in need of a full re-spray as there isn't a panel without a ding or scratch (or both) on it, however the car runs right and the price was good which were the reasons I purchased it.

I bought it to replace my 205 GTi which I was running as a 2nd car as I fancied a change (I also own a Clio Trophy).

I'll get some pictures posted when I get my camera back from the repair shop.

My question relates to the headlight adjusters. The previous owner included the original headlights in the sale. To put these headlights back on and retain the functionality of the in-car adjustment can I just set the lamps and in-car dial to maximum dip and then re-connect or is there more to it?

Cheers,
Hoz.

MAXIBOY
12-09-2007, 14:34
think they only go one way

northy
12-09-2007, 15:35
i have mine on 0 and then the headlight is adjusted accordinly.

But on most cars they have been damaged or missin. are both yours still attached ?

Hozcat
12-09-2007, 17:19
I think everything I need is still in place, I think it all just needs put back together. But it's difficult to tell when you don't know what you're looking at.

There's two cylinders (which are fed by hoses) that have spheres on the end. I assume these just clip into the back of the of the headlamp with the spheres lying in the runners on the adjusters?

Ta.

Coops
12-09-2007, 20:23
ai, they just pop back in, the lights themselves have an adjuster screw on the top to re align the beam once the in car fine adjusters are reconnected