PDA

View Full Version : Williams downpipe to vavler cat?

GT-Facer
10-09-2007, 13:15
I have been having many problems with my exhaust hanging really low and twating every little lump in th road (speed bumps are a joke!)
I thought that it might just be that it's fitted wrong, and there was a hanger missing at the front. So I had a hanger welded onto the front, but it dosn't seem to be right still.
I think it's a mongoose exhaust, i have read that a few people have had problems with the fitting of these. But i'm sure that aint the only problem on mine.
My question is, does a williams downpipe fit to a valver cat? As mine has a stainless downpipe fitted, and i am thinking it might not be a sharp enough bend to hold the exhaust high enough.
If not does a vavler exhaust fit onto a williams cat/de-cat?

matt.turner
10-09-2007, 16:19
no it doesnt mate. my williams has a supersprint manifold on it and a valver cat does not fit.
also i share the same porblem as you. my exhaust hangs too low just after the cat by the silencer box and hit every bump too. i also have had a hanger welded but it doesnt make much difference. i have a ktec full s/s.
matt

matt.turner
10-09-2007, 16:20
no it doesnt mate. my williams has a supersprint manifold on it and a valver cat does not fit.
also i share the same porblem as you. my exhaust hangs too low just after the cat by the silencer box and hit every bump too. i also have had a hanger welded but it doesnt make much difference. i have a ktec full s/s.
matt

Allan
10-09-2007, 18:37
mine fitted fine, but had custom hangers on it, however it rattled like a fooker :/ rattles less when the middle is drooping :S