PDA

View Full Version : Suspension....

Clio-Girl
10-09-2007, 10:48
Hi all im thinking about buying a set of Leda coilovers just wondered if anyone has got them as ive been reading up on them and they seem amazing but any other opinions are welcome!

Ronee

MAXIBOY
10-09-2007, 11:13
yes i run them on the maxi and think there great. so much better than the standard set up. loads of settings though and really need some time and someone skilled to set up right.

though saying that i have fond mine easy to set up to where i like them but still going to try to get the car to demon tweeks soon to have the alignment and corner weights checked etc.

Clio-Girl
10-09-2007, 11:38
how would they be rated next to my next choice avo's?

Also would they be ok for mild track use?

MAXIBOY
10-09-2007, 12:31
i think there better. both will be fine for tackdays.

though lots of people think the avos are fine once you sort the fitting problems.

whats the difference in price.

stevie_b
10-09-2007, 12:35
They would be fine for track use - that's pretty much what they build them for. Would be 'tougher' than the Avos, I'm sure. Also superior to Avos, in my opinion, but I still went for the Avos as they are a fraction of the price (and Leda was in receivership at the time I was looking to buy and didn't have any on the shelf). Money no object I'd go for the Ledas!

Clio-Girl
10-09-2007, 13:16
right thanks chaps im aware that im getting a good deal now they are 2nd hand but only covered about 1000 miles if that and never been on the track. they are costing me alot more than the avos but in my mind it will be worth it.
and im also getting a whole car with them that i will be breaking.... but the shell is no good.

MAXIBOY
10-09-2007, 13:20
how bad is the shell. pics

Clio-Girl
10-09-2007, 13:25
to be honest its only really the arches that are rotten i havent been underneath to have a look at how rusty it is yet but the car is in northampton and im in bristol so i couldnt tell you at the mo. i can try and get some pics the car is BenR's from angelworks ask evouk he might have seen it recently!

MAXIBOY
10-09-2007, 13:28
has it a sunroof

Clio-Girl
10-09-2007, 13:30
im pretty sure it does from memory...