PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft gaiter change

jay s
09-09-2007, 16:31
right was working under the car today and noticed what looked like grease on the inside of the front left wheel, took the wheel off to find the whole area covered in black grease :evil: looked at the driveshaft gaiter and its split in about 3 places, 1 is hugh and it seems to have emptied the grease over everything :D now whats the best way of changing them, is it an easy 5min job ? or should i try and get another driveshaft to fit? need to get this done sharpish as im doing cadwell next tues and need it sorted before then.

northy
10-09-2007, 08:19
Look in the guides section JAY ! :wink:

summeh
10-09-2007, 09:10
fairly easy job that mate. will need to remove driveshafts i think so if its passenger side then you'll need gearbox oil as well.

jay s
10-09-2007, 19:17
norty, thats a good guide :D but mines gone at the cv joint passanger wheel, so can i have one for that side as i have'nt got a clue what to do :wink: ive got my old valver shaft and pulled the gaiter of the cv but i cant work out how to get the cv off the shaft :? it a messy bloody job aswell :twisted:

BristolSam16v
10-09-2007, 20:55
http://www.retro-renault.com/forums/engine-mechanical/44-nearside-outer-cv-gaiter-replacement.html

;)