PDA

View Full Version : changing standard steering wheel for a momo

valver_Karl
09-09-2007, 14:53
hi i have just bought a momo steerin wheel, i have got the later phase valver with the air bag steerin wheel, how do i disconect the airbag sensers and take the steerin wheel off, also will it fail its nxt mot? somethin to do with the airbag sensor?

Justin..
09-09-2007, 15:36
2 screws in the rear of the wheel. torx head. the front wil come off, unplug the airbag put some where safe. then just take the wheel off like you owuld any other. no air wheel wont fail mot as the air bag is all contained in the wheel. nothing actually conected to car looms so no air bags lights etc

seanofnp
09-09-2007, 15:56
2 screws in the rear of the wheel. torx head. the front wil come off, unplug the airbag put some where safe. then just take the wheel off like you owuld any other. no air wheel wont fail mot as the air bag is all contained in the wheel. nothing actually conected to car looms so no air bags lights etc

i have an airbag light on coz i took my airbag steering wheel off, it doesnt fail an mot though...

Justin..
09-09-2007, 15:57
i never had a light on. nothin is even conected to the car it was all contained in the steering wheel

got a pic?

AndyFielder
09-09-2007, 16:21
no airbag light on mine either!

valver_Karl
09-09-2007, 17:22
thanks for ur help guys, i will be changin it within the week,

1995clio16v
09-09-2007, 22:57

i have an airbag light on coz i took my airbag steering wheel off, it doesnt fail an mot though...

Nope wont fail....i asked the other day after mine had been changed and it went in for a service. He said theyd just advise me but it WOULDNT fail the MOT.

By the way, when I changed mine that centre nut to take the wheel off was the tightest ****ing nut ive ever had to undo, i really mean that, **** me it was tight, tighter than a nuns chuff! :wink: