PDA

View Full Version : parcel shelf suit carrier thingy thing

titcharoony
07-09-2007, 21:43
did post something about this before, and to be fair I think someone replied with 'its all one unit' - but basically Ive bought a suit carrier thing which apprently comes with all williams' - but mine never had one. Just a kinda soft felty substance covered parcel shelf.
There seems to be fixings on the suit carrier - but it doesnt seem to be able to clip on anywhere to my existing shelf. Am i missing something? Or does it seem like Ive got the wrong parcel shelf to start with? Anyone got any clues?

FATBOY
07-09-2007, 21:57
as far as i was aware it was all in 1. i will check mine tomorrow.

Daz.
07-09-2007, 22:05
Goodness are you missing one of the 'refinements' that my willy 2 has with my maps in? :shock: :lol:

Only kidding fella - If you look at your parcelshelf upside down can you see two little screw holes on the central 'spine' if you will...

Daz.
07-09-2007, 22:07
Bah missed off the other stuff lol

There should be 7 (if memory serves me) screw holes for the suit carrier on the parcel shelf that are on the raised strengthening lines..

Can you get a picture of your parcel shelf?

Willy ones can be an arse to get sometime but I've fitted a suit carrier to a valver shelf before now just takes a tad of modification to the 16v shelf

titcharoony
07-09-2007, 22:12
i wonder if perhaps Ive got a 16v shelf or sumthing. Ill take photos tomorrow and re post. And refinements? Look bud...refinement is the act of.... lol.
Ill get those photos tomorrow, may have to ged some shelf modding on the go by the sounds of things.

Daz.
07-09-2007, 22:15
valver shelves are better for the task imo - they don't flop on the edges like a willy one does

titcharoony
12-09-2007, 21:40
i did promise to put pics of my parcel shelf n carrier. im assuming i need a different shelf to attach the suit carrier to?....

Daz.
12-09-2007, 22:09
Hmm looks the right colour but to me thats a valver shelf?

No matter that central spind that runs all the way down if you screw the middle fixing on the suit carrier to that and line it up with the back it should be easy peasy...

All screws should match up with the raised areas - did you get screws with it?

titcharoony
12-09-2007, 22:12
nope and theres no holes in the shelf itself...