PDA

View Full Version : Williams clutch change in Essex

Nobleman
06-09-2007, 12:47
Hi guys, can anyone recommend someone around the Billericay area who would be able to do the job for a reasonable cost? My clutch cable snapped this morning, fortunately right outside my house, having only been changed less than a year ago when i was told that clutch was on its way out. The car has done 110k miles and i'm only the 2nd owner having had the car from about 50k miles so its likely to be on the original clutch and probably does need changing. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

MAXIBOY
06-09-2007, 20:36
unless the clutch is slipping just change the cable again for a geniune renault item.

Nobleman
07-09-2007, 16:19
unless the clutch is slipping just change the cable again for a geniune renault item.

Yeah, i've thought about doing that as the clutch isnt slipping at all, but i dont want to be having the cable replaced every few months and i remember it was a nightmare for a while after the last cable was replaced, it was nearly impossible to engage any gear once i'd done a few miles and things had warmed up. Things eventually improved and after a while were back to normal, no problems getting into gear at all except for reverse which nearly always crunches. My local garage has quoted me silly money for a new clutch so wont be going there, i'd be happy to go somewhere else in the Essex area though if anyone can recommend somewhere!

white16valver
07-09-2007, 18:58
Mark Fish in Harlow does top work and I think he's the usual £50 an hour you'd expect nowadays.

MAXIBOY
07-09-2007, 20:03

Yeah, i've thought about doing that as the clutch isnt slipping at all, but i dont want to be having the cable replaced every few months and i remember it was a nightmare for a while after the last cable was replaced, it was nearly impossible to engage any gear once i'd done a few miles and things had warmed up. Things eventually improved and after a while were back to normal, no problems getting into gear at all except for reverse which nearly always crunches. My local garage has quoted me silly money for a new clutch so wont be going there, i'd be happy to go somewhere else in the Essex area though if anyone can recommend somewhere!

try a pedal kit new cable and correct cable routing first. make sure it a geniune cable though.

Allan
07-09-2007, 22:35
aye new pedal + new cable and you should be fine :)