PDA

View Full Version : Willy 1 Vs Willy 2 Vs Willy 3

mike16valver
03-09-2007, 19:53
Ok guys

Probably discuss a trillions times,

What has brought me to ask this is what Daz's location says: willy 2's are the best willy 3's suck.. is this a personal opinion...?

Whats the difference between them all..?

What is the best built..?

any differences in the Mod's, sturcture, engine..?

FATBOY
03-09-2007, 20:44
check out the tech spec guide on the main home page for differences... normally it is personal preference. but being a willy 3 owner im gonna be biased! just like the owners of a 1 or a 2 will be.

MattyH16valver
03-09-2007, 20:49
Depends what you class as being the "Best" really mate. They all have the pluses and minuses...the Willy 2 was supposed to be more re-fined than the original Williams and the '3' obviously had more re-finements than the '2'. I love them all and would be happy to own either model. I decided on a '2' because I prefer the Phase 2 look of the lights, bump strip etc than the '1' and did'nt go for a Willy 3 as I don't like having the sunroof and abs etc as they always go wrong. Just personal preference really.....I'd love a mint version of each...but thats never gonna happen! :lol:

FATBOY
03-09-2007, 20:58
Depends what you class as being the "Best" really mate. They all have the pluses and minuses...the Willy 2 was supposed to be more re-fined than the original Williams and the '3' obviously had more re-finements than the '2'. I love them all and would be happy to own either model. I decided on a '2' because I prefer the Phase 2 look of the lights, bump strip etc than the '1' and did'nt go for a Willy 3 as I don't like having the sunroof and abs etc as they always go wrong. Just personal preference really.....I'd love a mint version of each...but thats never gonna happen! :lol:

thats not entirely true...

Daz.
03-09-2007, 21:05
Much to the amazement of this community - I love them all! I'd gladly have a minty mint one of any - but if I HAD to choose my perfect order
it'd be the order in which they were made.

Perfect world Willy 1 8)

MattyH16valver
03-09-2007, 21:05

thats not entirely true...

Ok...I take it back...i meant to say...the abs on willy 3's sometimes has the tendency to go wrong and the sunroof can leak! :lol:

talkingfish
03-09-2007, 21:23
original is best - hence Willy 1 - but as the replies say, each to their own....

titcharoony
03-09-2007, 21:25
i always go for williams 3 as im biased, but - get a mint example of any be its as good as any other. Get a willy 1, you get the first of a classic hot hatch, but lack of refinement. Get williams two you get some refinements, but not too many weighing ur car down and less to go wrong. Get a willy 3 you get tons of refinements, but more potential to go wrong. Pluses and minuses to all.
The thing to remember with the williams for me is, and this is part of its appeal - is that it was and is, a fairly refined hot hatch, You get excellent performance, but you get a strong engine and comfy seats. Which is why the williams 3 appealed to me so much. ABS, sunroof etc...IF you want raw performance and you would side that over refinement and comfort - Id point you towards an r5 gt turbo. which i loved equally, but for different reasons. just my two cents here..

Daz.
03-09-2007, 21:38
Can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN this refinement that a willy 3 has that a 1 or 2 doesn't?

Whats refinement? ABS is not a refinement its a safety feature, are we talking SIMPLY about a sunroof?

That is not a refinement in my opinion its a feature - it doesn't relax you anymore than driving a 1.

If this is the so called extra refinement over a willy 1 its for me a pretty poor excuse to claim an extra tick in the 3 box.

Same for a willy 2 over a willy 1? electric wing mirrors? again an aid/extra I don't relax thinking yeeeeeessss I've just worked harder twisting that knob and not watching the road for 30 mins while the mirror slooooowly tilts the right... oh no actually its gone the wrong way - damn. :lol:

I think people are seeing me at the moment as a williams extras/ willy 3 hater and its simply not the case, I felt in no way more exclusive in my valver (willy 3 'extras') than in the 2 or indeed the 1 I test drove - I just don't get it :shock:

Coops
03-09-2007, 22:32
i prefer the look of the 2 but i'd ideally like a one for the originalily factor tbh. either way there aint much difference atall apart from that 3's suck :wink:

mike16valver
04-09-2007, 08:36
So apart from basic things making them all differ from one an other, i.e, ABS , Sunroof and wat not,
the engine, gearbox, overall performance are all near matched with each other..

They didn't change anything with the gear ratio or engine at all..? jst Modifed the shell and dropped the same lump in them all, so wat was in the willy 001 is basically the same as say in willy 485... :?:

wavy
04-09-2007, 09:11
yes :)

<<< 1 's for me 8)

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 09:48
the act of refining is the act of improving. Renault obviosuly thought abs was a better feature to have on than not. So yes, abs does fall under refinement. Refinement doesnt mean comfort neccessarily. For me the 3 wins in that it was last of the line - any small bugs will potentially have been ironed out.
For me, the williams engine is quite boring. Its a big engine, in a small car. wow, great stuff. The old 50's pushrod in the r5 was more interesting and raw. So for me like I said if you're wanting raw fun, go 205 or r5. the whole point of the clio for me was to get a more comfrtable machine. seats are comfier build quality slightly better...
Theres anot alot between them. But picking on the 3 saying so what - abs and a sunroof - well the counter arguement is whats so special about the williams one, a gayass gold coloured plaque? Hell, its not even the rarest. Extras of are extras peeps, nice to have - even if choose to remove, but the choice is there. I love the 3. But i sense im in minority.

2 live
04-09-2007, 09:56
there is only 1 williams. and it doesnt have any numbers stuck on the body panels ;)

unless its the maxi of course.....

simonr85
04-09-2007, 10:31
there is only 1 williams. and it doesnt have any numbers stuck on the body panels ;)

+ not having any numbers stuck on makes the willy 1 even lighter!!! :lol: so its even quicker lol

Zollo
04-09-2007, 11:23
Willy 1 for me. Followed by the 2 (personally I think it looks better than the 1, but it's not the original). And lastly the 3 (I like the colour, but the extras don't appeal).

The USP of the Williams is its driving experience. So with slightly less weight, it's the best out of the three at what it's supposed to be good at. You could argue the 2 and 3 (more so) were compromises on the Williams formula (better cars maybe, but not a better Williams). The fact that the great majority of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference shows how much it really doesn't matter. They're all great cars. :)

The definition of refinement depends on the context it is used. If you say a car is refined, it means it's a more comfortable and relaxing place to be. The definition of refining a product, however, is improving and perfecting (what you're talking about Titcharoony). But then it's personal preference as to how you think a car should be improved. So depending on your point of view the 3 could either be a refinement or a dilution of the original product. :wink:

seanofnp
04-09-2007, 12:32
What Zollo said is bang on imo.

Theres only ONE Clio Williams.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 15:28
well you could say a product is refined...but not fully refined...and like you said, its context driven. refined in comparison to what? I was mentioned refined compared to cars such as 205 rattle-o gti, or r5 gt turbo. So in conclusion, willy 1 owners have a chip on their shoulder. ;)

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 15:32
being serious this time..im quite suprised to find me old 3 in silver place? thought it wud be firmly last!

Daz.
04-09-2007, 18:19
the act of refining is the act of improving. Renault obviosuly thought abs was a better feature to have on than not. So yes, abs does fall under refinement. Refinement doesnt mean comfort neccessarily. For me the 3 wins in that it was last of the line - any small bugs will potentially have been ironed out.
For me, the williams engine is quite boring. Its a big engine, in a small car. wow, great stuff. The old 50's pushrod in the r5 was more interesting and raw. So for me like I said if you're wanting raw fun, go 205 or r5. the whole point of the clio for me was to get a more comfrtable machine. seats are comfier build quality slightly better...
Theres anot alot between them. But picking on the 3 saying so what - abs and a sunroof - well the counter arguement is whats so special about the williams one, a gayass gold coloured plaque? Hell, its not even the rarest. Extras of are extras peeps, nice to have - even if choose to remove, but the choice is there. I love the 3. But i sense im in minority.

I'm sorry but thats tosh in my opinion - renault had a load of abs units hanging around, thought that people liked it on the valver and it really is about time they started making it standard across the range and bolted it on.

I still firmy believe they were dumbstruck how well the one did, that people came back again for the 2's, realised that they aint gonna shift all these valvers they've still got before they stop selling the wide arch mk1 and thought '**** it' we'll make a 3.

Why does it have valver 'REFINEMENTS :roll: ', why is it a valver ph2 colour and not 449? If they had intended to make a willy 3 it would have been 449 blue and they wouldn't have have stopped making non sunroof shells.

Everyone knows that a williams is (very) basically a widetracked 2.0l valver with stickers and blue belts - a willy 3 is simply even more a valver and a collection of stuff from the spare bits box

I love willy 3's just as much as the others like I said - at the end of the day its a williams and thats good enough for me but face facts people that its the bastard child of a valver and a raggy doll :lol:

Why did they stop at a 3 and not make a williams 4? because they'd done what they set out to do and get rid of the stuff they didn't want in the way of the already well developed f4r and the mk1 172 - it wouldn't suprise me at all if they had made a 4 which was identical to the 3 if they still had bits to use.

Funny that the last year they used wide arch clio shells was 1996 on an N reg - ironically the year of the willy 3.

Daz.
04-09-2007, 18:22
Dammit all this talk about ones had got me thinking :twisted:

Who cares - in x years time they'll be so few left you'll be just as happy with any of them 8)

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 18:40
a cynical view in my opinion. By argueing that you could say that renault capitalised on the f1 success, used and abused the williams connection(im right in thinking williams had little or nothing to do with the makeing of the clio?) - and basically made a modified valver. So maybe we should celebrate the valver? As the williams was just a small step up with blue dials and blue seats n silly gold wheels.
No wait, the valver owes alot to the r5 turbo - so maybe we should celebrate THAT car instead - with the williams more akin to the raider of its day? And renault getting rid of a load of its bits n throwing them at the 3? who cares? a customer got them - renaults reasons behind them are the same as any car makers - supply and demand. Remember alos that back then, ABS and SUNROOF, and 4x speakers, and remote volume control sold well, so you can understand why they did it. But what does this have to do the 1 vs 2 vs 3 thing? well like ive always said there's little between them but I as do other have a prefference. I prefer the one ive got :) I got a williams and I love it.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 18:46
oh, and yes that right. A HUGE car manufacturer with millions of pounds spent in r & d,employing thousands of people would go 'f*ck it' lets make a 3. hmmm....

MAXIBOY
04-09-2007, 18:55
still at least they got it right with the maxi :twisted:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 20:28
lol indeed. you cudnt buy a maxi though right? williams n 16v were the cloest thing to a rally car you could get?

MAXIBOY
04-09-2007, 21:12
no you could buy a maxi if you had very deep pockets. think there around 100,000/150,000 from renault.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:14
erm...christ

MAXIBOY
04-09-2007, 21:15
same as most works rally cars though now in the region of 250,000 for a works prepared car.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:16
how well did the clio do in rallying?

Daz.
04-09-2007, 21:27
a cynical view in my opinion. My argument was fair and in no way a bias to the 3 which all of your replies have been might I add. By argueing that you could say that renault capitalised on the f1 success Of course they did! and well done to them I say, used and abused the williams connection(im right in thinking williams had little or nothing to do with the makeing of the clio?) Correct in a way - There was always the 16v in the pipeline but they capitalised on the winning F1 team - am I mistaken or isn't the R26, R27 doing the exact same thing? - and basically made a modified valver. Yup So maybe we should celebrate the valver? Definately everyone owes something to 16v - The 16v was a huge step for renault as sadly overshadowed by the williams - sometimes unfarily in my view - without the williams this could well have been a 16v forum although I reckon alot of would be williams owners would have gone off in search of something else, people like limited runs of cars, cds, dildos etc.. As the williams was just a small step up with blue dials and blue seats n silly gold wheels. so why didn't YOU by a 16v then?
No wait, the valver owes alot to the r5 turbo It owes nothing to the 5 Turbo! The clio was a new car for a new generation, wheres the turbo? wheres the insane lightness and the paper thin panels? - so maybe we should celebrate THAT car instead If your a renault fan you will, alot of people outside of renaults celebrate the 5 Turbo it's a great car but has nothing to do with what were saying here but if you like the Raider was I guess the williams of the 5 turbo world - which was just like the willy 3 last of the bits box end of life special edition, again towards the end of the 5 turbos life, good point there you brought up! - with the williams more akin to the raider of its day? And renault getting rid of a load of its bits n throwing them at the 3? who cares? You do obviously! a customer got them - renaults reasons behind them are the same as any car makers - supply and demand. Remember alos that back then, ABS and SUNROOF, and 4x speakers, and remote volume control sold well, so you can understand why they did it Exactly the point I was trying to make but the willy 1 & 2 sold extremely well - why did they feel the need to change the conecpt and add all these bits? because they had it lying there!. But what does this have to do the 1 vs 2 vs 3 thing? well like ive always said there's little between them but I as do other have a prefference. I prefer the one ive got :) I got a williams and I love it. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Just face it - I'm always right :king:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:35
not really - the clio 16v owes nothing to the r5 gt turbo? try its replacement - I would argue had thier never beena renault 5 there would never have beena 16v clio. By ur reasoning the 172 had NOTHING to do with the 16v, or williams, come on, wisen up.
And why didnt I buy a 16v? Because it has no kudos about it. the williams did. the 16v is a great car, but the williams was a car that got people talking. - face it you're right? nah i think not.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:41
oh n facts right mate, the raider had no 'special bits' it was exactly the same as other 5's apart from colour, seats and carpet. Yes theyre going to add extra bits, but the reasons as to why they added them are to be honest of little relevance - so renault 'lumbered' me with a sunroof and abs to get rid of old bits out of the garage.
So what? I got antilock brakes and a sunshine roof! You could say, f*ck renault for trying to 'buy' my passion buy giving me a pathetic gold plaque with a number on, had I bought a willy one. Something im sure theyre guilty of. But does it make people feel special about their willy one? U bet it does. Are they angry at renault for doing this? No. it worked.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:43
sorry daz mate im sounding quite personal - its not intended, i think you've given me advice on here before so ur a good fella, just a difference of opinion...and like arseholes..everyones got one. no personal stabs intended.

MattyH16valver
04-09-2007, 21:48
:lol: U sure....? :wink:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 21:49
ok you smell and your car smells. :p

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:01
not really - the clio 16v owes nothing to the r5 gt turbo? try its replacement - I would argue had thier never beena renault 5 there would never have beena 16v clio. By ur reasoning the 17poo had NOTHING to do with the 16v, or williams, come on, wisen up.
And why didnt I buy a 16v? Because it has no kudos about it. the williams did. the 16v is a great car, but the williams was a car that got people talking. - face it you're right? nah i think not.

Not really a replacement more of a evolution in a different shell I'd say - they were looking at doing away with turbos for the clio - am I right in thinking there is no turbo in any mk1 clio? Reliabilty being their top concern? remember the first clio was MASSIVE MASSIVE hit - it had to be reliable.

If any hot version of a car didn't sell then of course they're be reluctant to do it with the next model, of course thats the case with any car - if the 16v hadn't sold well yes they may indeed not have been a 1.7.2 but not all 16v owner would have made the transition to the new car - renault also wanted the 1.7.2 to cater for people outside of renaults - to say a existence hinges on its predecessors sales figures is a bit naive.

I'm still right

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:03
oh n facts right mate, the raider had no 'special bits' it was exactly the same as other 5's apart from colour, seats and carpet. Yes theyre going to add extra bits, but the reasons as to why they added them are to be honest of little relevance - so renault 'lumbered' me with a sunroof and abs to get rid of old bits out of the garage.
So what? I got antilock brakes and a sunshine roof! You could say, f*ck renault for trying to 'buy' my passion buy giving me a pathetic gold plaque with a number on, had I bought a willy one. Something im sure theyre guilty of. But does it make people feel special about their willy one? U bet it does. Are they angry at renault for doing this? No. it worked.

Your sunroof is your plaque? :shock:

Why do you call it pathetic? is it because you want your car to have one? for me it defines the 1 - look at any willy 1 interior and you spot it straight away - I'm dead jealous that they all didn't have em but then if they did would I be so jealous?

Is your abs your golden badge of willy 3'ness? :shock:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:04
naive? oh my god. if the r5 turbo had been a flop, do u really believe a 16v would have been manufactured?

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:05
sorry daz mate im sounding quite personal - its not intended, i think you've given me advice on here before so ur a good fella, just a difference of opinion...and like arseholes..everyones got one. no personal stabs intended.

Banters banter fella - I am in no way creating a doll to stick pins and needles into :lol:

Its hard to get some points across in just text - you can explain the passion in a voice or stress words as you would in open conversation

Thats why I ring my missus some of her texts just make me mega angry when they're totally innocent :oops: :lol:

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:07
ok you smell and your car smells. :p

The car gets a bath tomorrow 8)

Any my bottoms getting a shower head on it before I goto bed :wink:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:07
daz mate im trying to be objective. yes im calling the plaque pathetic, but in response to countless digs at the 'constantly breaking' abs and 'rubbish' electric windows. If u actually read what I put - you'll see I said people who have those plaques do, and have the right to be proud of them. What im saying is, if u can have a dig at the extras in the williams 3, you could have a go at the little plaque on a willy 1. They mean certain things from your point of view. does that make sense?
Please believe your right if you like im just offering my opinion.

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:09
naive? oh my god. if the r5 turbo had been a flop, do u really believe a 16v would have been manufactured?

YES - and it would have of course it would have - naive is thinking it wouldn't!

Car companys win, car comapny lose - if they adopted the 'that was poo - we'll not bother again' just think of some of the awesome cars we wouldn't have ever seen!

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:12
daz mate im trying to be objective. yes im calling the plaque pathetic, but in response to countless digs at the 'constantly breaking' abs and 'rubbish' electric windows. If u actually read what I put - you'll see I said people who have those plaques do, and have the right to be proud of them. What im saying is, if u can have a dig at the extras in the williams 3, you could have a go at the little plaque on a willy 1. They mean certain things from your point of view. does that make sense?
Please believe your right if you like im just offering my opinion.

I have not ONCE in this thread used those comments - please check if you don't believe me - electric windows are ace and standard across the willy range what are you getting at there?

A plaque is not an extra it is the original item in a williams - if you like they 'deleted' it from the 2 and 3's - I suppose you could say in some small way to keep the pee'd off willy 1 owners at bay for repeating the run in the first place?

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:14
Infact Zollo or another mod can you change the 'I Love The Williams 3' to 'A Lover Of All Willys' please? :oops: :lol:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:15
but thats the whole point! u wud never know about those cars! i think its naive to believe that they would manufacture a car based purely on research at that time. I think its far more realistic that renault would have considered their previous hot hatches sales and success.
You kinda contradict yourself, you say the renault 5 had nothing to do with it, yet they clearly observed it as they abandoned the turbo, made for a heavier car(although I believe ncap would have had more an influence than renault thmselves), and made it more reliable. if they hadnt observed the r5 and what was good and bad about it, they would have kept with same formula? naive? i have a degree in business dumabss!

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:16
and i never said it was YOU who made those comments did I. So please, YOU go back and check. :p

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:20
i also never said the plaque was an extra. I was comparing differenciating aspects and items from across the range. It is infact quite difficult for the willy 1 to have an 'extra' over the willy 3, as chronology would dictate that an extra would imply ' on top of' or in addition to. therefore id never say that :)

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:32
but thats the whole point! u wud never know about those cars! i think its naive to believe that they would manufacture a car based purely on research at that time. Duh, Wheres the forethought in that obviously :roll: I think its far more realistic that renault would have considered their previous hot hatches sales and success. I wasn't talking strictly about the 'hot' variant of the cars if you read
You kinda contradict yourself Thats called being objective, you say the renault 5 had nothing to do with it, yet they clearly observed it as they abandoned the turbo make your own case don't use the one I made for you, made for a heavier car(although I believe ncap would have had more an influence than renault thmselves) I'd say more the fact that they needed a comfortable small car that could occupy adults far better in the back - the clio won many reviews for its big car feel in small hatch , and made it more reliable. if they hadnt observed the r5 and what was good and bad about it, they would have kept with same formula? WRONG they would never ever do that - why do you go out every other month and buy the new variant of a shaver, what was wrong with you mach 3? answers on a postcard? naive? i have a degree in business dumabss!

So you've read a book and copied it onto an exam sheet and got a certificate to prove you did said copying :lol: I don't know what to say

What you don't have is obviously a rational mind or any forethought regarding, well in this case what any car comapany would look at objectively, again in this case when putting any kind of research into a new car - infact I'd say even non car related.

Oh and explain 'dumabss!' I assume your referring to me as a Dumbass? Obviously those degree's are not worthy of the pge they are prnited on :shock:

Don't call me a dumbass when you know NOTHING ABOUT ME YOU COCK

mike16valver
04-09-2007, 22:33
:shock: WHHHOOOOOO guys calm down... :lol:

ok so there is difference's ...

Is there any difference's in the engine, gearbox n e thing like that or is it just abs and sunroof (as that are the only 2 things croping up) ....??? Oh oil cooler :D

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:36
What a waste of a good discussion over the the variants of the Williams.

I'm off to buy one of these!

http://uk.geocities.com/tradcarclub/images/ReliantRobin.JPG

I reckon the users on those forums will be much more suited to my style of thinking

http://www.metu.edu.tr/~hun/images/Heidegger_images/heidegger_hat.jpg

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:40
i also never said the plaque was an extra. I was comparing differenciating aspects and items from across the range. It is infact quite difficult for the willy 1 to have an 'extra' over the willy 3, as chronology would dictate that an extra would imply ' on top of' or in addition to. therefore id never say that :)

Fair cop there

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:45
sorry mate didnt mean to upset you daz.

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:50
I think someone else should take on the challenge of sorting out these willy differences..

Me and you should go get ourselves a beer and talk about something much more fun.. fanny :D :thumbsup:

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 22:53
i like fanny. it likes me sumtimes. Dude ive just thought, if you've had sex in ur car, that means uve had fanny in ur willy. how bizarre. i think i feel ill.

Daz.
04-09-2007, 22:58
If you could get my lass to do any form of outdoor stuff I'd let you borrow her whenever you wanted :lol:

Christ I can't even get her to do anything without the bedroom door being locked - and thats in an empty house!

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 23:01
i find girls generally love sex in my car. I hope its down to the fact its a williams. maybe i just generally find dirty girls ;) lol
You joke about that daz, a mate of mate genuinely offered his gf to me for a night as he was going to bin her anyway. i turned it down. i wish now i hadnt, shes with sumone else. she was hot. gutted.

arj256
04-09-2007, 23:03
I think we just got stitched up in this country really.
Id rather they just kept it the Williams ph1 and ph2 like it is in the homeland.
And saying the 3 isnt special and is a valver colour..
The swiss champion came in 432 and thats as real as any williams is so :wink:

Daz.
04-09-2007, 23:03
Hey if I can get some outdoor bum fun out of her I'm all for it! :lol:

Mind you we're getting married next year so all the good stuffs out of the question :?

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 23:04
whats the swiss champion?

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 23:05
well ill try my best with her daz, just persuade her to come to me....muuuwaahhahha

arj256
04-09-2007, 23:06
A limited run of Williams just for the switzerland market.
They did the same also with the trophy.

titcharoony
04-09-2007, 23:08
learn sumthing new everyday huh..no difference other than stickers I take it? just hada quick look on web for it.

arj256
04-09-2007, 23:11
No sunroof, Special stickers, Special steering wheel, Special plaque, Also in ph2 trim.
Think thats it.

Zollo
04-09-2007, 23:34
the act of refining is the act of improving.

I was mentioned refined compared to cars such as 205 rattle-o gti, or r5 gt turbo.

You're using the term 'refinement' in two different contexts. Some would say that a Williams is not an improvement on a 205 GTi, so therefore it isn't a refinement of the 205. However, it is more refined.

So in conclusion, willy 1 owners have a chip on their shoulder. ;)

I've had two Willy 2s. I voted for Willy 1. :wink:

I'm not having a pop at the 3 here, by the way!

MAXIBOY
04-09-2007, 23:55
don,t own a willy but voted for a one

summeh
05-09-2007, 04:24
1 in my opinion, they are quicker :wink:

Clio-Girl
05-09-2007, 09:52
If i had any intention on selling my hybrid i would go for a williams 1 due to them being the originals the other two just wouldnt quite cut it for me, but again this is just personal preference!

titcharoony
05-09-2007, 12:14
to be honest when I was looking for a williams, I was looking for a good example of a 1, 2 or 3. I cant see much between them.

FATBOY
05-09-2007, 19:05
this is the second time this has cropped up with a row over the williams 1,2,3 . on a thread in PICTURES forum... as i stated in there, its good to see our passions run high and its also nice to see we can have proper debates over this! anyways willy 3 all the way!!!!!!!

willy3ams
05-09-2007, 19:22
I love em all! got a real soft spot for my Williams 3 though. 2 years of restoration makes the 3 feel that bit more special now... [-o<

seanofnp
05-09-2007, 19:43
Tbh, forget real williams's

hybrids, sam colour as williams 3 (the best colour) the 2.0 engine (best engine), big plate over sunroof (weight) and stripped out. = ALOT MORE FUN ;)

arj256
05-09-2007, 19:48

hybrids, sam colour as williams 3 (the best colour) the 2.0 engine (best engine), big plate over sunroof (weight) and stripped out. = ALOT MORE FUN ;)

Till you come to some proper corners and wish you had widetrack to :wink:
Oh wait Williams has all that :wink:

seanofnp
05-09-2007, 19:56

Till you come to some proper corners and wish you had widetrack to :wink:
Oh wait Williams has all that :wink:

ok widetracked too ;)

titcharoony
05-09-2007, 22:34
williams 3 still rules, what are ur reasons tho fatboy?

summeh
06-09-2007, 00:57

because thats what he has LOL :lol:

JayR
06-09-2007, 08:37
Even though theres probably only two votes guaging by the replys in this thread im gonna vote 3.

If i buy one il be going for a minty 3 if i can find one. The colours a trillion times better after all!!! ;)

titcharoony
06-09-2007, 09:53
i agree... fight for the 3 people!

Daz.
06-09-2007, 17:51
God get a room! :lol:

FATBOY
06-09-2007, 17:52

its the all round finished article... people moan about ABS but as far as im aware ABS was fitted as standard to comply with EU rules(correct me if im wrong???) plus we all know the 432 monaco colour is much better than the 449 blue... the 449 is so dull compared to the 432(saw this at FCS and the 432 stood out so much better... but that being said i would have any of the 3 if they were offered to me. and my ideal dream would be to own a 1,2 and 3 at the same time...

titcharoony
06-09-2007, 23:01
hey daz calm it...just coz the willy 1's lead is slowly slippin in poll.. I agree with you fatboy. It was my understanding that the ABS was put on due to it becoming standard on models before its very release. I love my last evo of the williams formula..honed to perfection...id love to drive a mint willy 1 though.

Daz.
06-09-2007, 23:05
Seems to me willy 3's are all show no go :wink: