PDA

View Full Version : The hybrid stinks of fuel when driven!

alex_e3
30-08-2007, 21:56
:?

As above, the car's stinking of petrol at the moment.

When i put the engine back in, i had trouble with the fuel rail leaking. A new rubber o-ring on the FPR sorted it. 3 weeks later, the main fuel pipe split, hence i replaced both lines.

Now i've still been smelling petrol since i changed the lines. Every time it's driven. Today, i popped the bonnet with it running, and had a good look. I couldn't see any fuel coming out, even when revved. I had a good sniff to see if my nose could point me in the right direction, but only found a very faint smell of petrol at the end of the fuel rail - only very very faint though, normal i assume?

Also had a good look under the car, and found no leaks from the view i had. The smell does seem to be coming from the front of the car.

I'm clueless as to where it's coming from now. & the car is consistently doing 65-75 miles to a tenner, which seems about right.

Can anyone suggest a course of action? I'm sure it never used to stink before i changed the engine :?

Cheers,

Al

MAXIBOY
30-08-2007, 21:58
checked the fifth injector/cold start injector and pipes

alex_e3
30-08-2007, 22:13
Ah yes cheers maxi, forgot about that one! :)

I'll have a check when i get chance. Shame it's a biatch to get to! Will just have a feel with my hands, lets hope the fan doesn't cut in................! :o

Failing a leak there, anywhere else to check?

MAXIBOY
30-08-2007, 22:16
injector seals in the head

alex_e3
30-08-2007, 22:18
Had a good look at all injectors with the torch, no visable spillage.

MAXIBOY
30-08-2007, 22:22
yes might just be fumes.

Scougar
31-08-2007, 10:39
Injector o-rings you mean?

Matthew

alex_e3
31-08-2007, 22:02
Are fumes a problem? Can't be arsed taking the rail off again :roll:

Will check the cold start injector soon as i can. As said above though - i've sniffed well close to the fuel rail with the car running and revving, and can only sniff a very faint smell of fuel, like nothing i can smell after a run or when started.