PDA

View Full Version : Eazy Bleed Kits for Calipers

MattyH16valver
29-08-2007, 00:24
After fitting my new disks and pads tonight I wanted to put some fresh fluid in, but I had some trouble with my eazy bleed kit I bought. It kept on leaking everytime I attatched the kit to the tyre and tried to bleed the system. I guess I had'nt done the cap up properly where it connects to the reservior. There did'nt seem to be enough pressure to push the fluid out of the nipples. Brakes don't feel too bad now....but definately think there air in the system still. Can this be dangerous if not treated quickly, ie sudden loss of brakes...or is it just a spongy pedal? Hopefully get to try the kit again tomorrow night to do it properly.

MAXIBOY
29-08-2007, 10:53
just a spongy pedal mate. if you haven,t had the fluid changed in a while worth be worth changing the entire fluid as it gets worse with age and should be changed every two years.

MattyH16valver
29-08-2007, 12:18
just a spongy pedal mate. if you haven,t had the fluid changed in a while worth be worth changing the entire fluid as it gets worse with age and should be changed every two years.

Thanks mate...don't think it's been done for a few years buy the looks of it, its a brown kind of colour and the new fluid is golden. I'll try and make sure everything is tight on the kit when I connect it up this time. Matt

Daz.
29-08-2007, 17:53
Oh dear looks like its time to sell up fella

MattyH16valver
29-08-2007, 18:45
Oh dear looks like its time to sell up fella
Never....only a minor hitch! :lol: I love the car really... :?

MattyH16valver
29-08-2007, 21:31
Ended up doing the 2 man method with my bro pumping the brake pedal while I opened up the bleed nipples....so much easier. The eazy bleed kit just seems to leak at the reservior as the pressure of te tyre undos it. Went for a test drive and the pedal fell much firmer and more responsive now. Result :lol:

summeh
30-08-2007, 03:28
Are you using the correct cap for the res? Should be the biggest one (from memory) and it should have a rubber seal on the inside. Without the seal it will piss out.

MattyH16valver
30-08-2007, 18:12
Are you using the correct cap for the res? Should be the biggest one (from memory) and it should have a rubber seal on the inside. Without the seal it will piss out.

Yes mate....using the bigger one out of the two with the rubber seal. Even put the spare seal in too. It just kept on unscrewing with the pressure from the tyre. I did'nt go above the stated 20psi the box says so it was'nt too much. Did'nt really want brake fluid pissing all over my newly re-sprayed car... :lol: so got my bro to come round....seemed much easier.

Lunner
31-08-2007, 05:14
If you use the easy bleed kit correctly its a great bit of kit, i used the correct cap with a couple of washers in it and it was flawless