PDA

View Full Version : Gonna fit my K+N 57I kit thing but want better cold air....

spadey
28-08-2007, 11:03
Ok ive decided to fit my K+N 57I filter kit but how without relocating to the scuttle panel can I get better cold air to it? Ive heard 1 on a Williams and they do sound pretty awesome so If I fit mine was just wondering how it is best to filter coller air into it?

Any tips are greatly appreciated....

Steve

Imperial_16v
28-08-2007, 13:10
Ok ive decided to fit my K+N 57I filter kit but how without relocating to the scuttle panel can I get better cold air to it? Ive heard 1 on a Williams and they do sound pretty awesome so If I fit mine was just wondering how it is best to filter coller air into it?

Any tips are greatly appreciated....

Steve

Probably the only other thing to do is fit an additional feed and have it come out next to the passenger fog light (cut away the bit of blanking plastic on the bumper) and route it up along by the battery to the filter. Then that way you have the feed that comes with the kit, plus, an additional one.

Then I'd recommend getting a heatshield to go around the cone to try and block/deflect as much hot air away from the cone. Something like this...

http://www.espdesign.co.uk/esp.storefront/EN/Product/4505

Should be better than just sticking on the K&N and leaving it at that. :)

spadey
28-08-2007, 18:23
Hi mate, thanks for that I will buy one of each I think, should be better than the standard one.

Steve