PDA

View Full Version : my valver is poorly

clio_rsi_turbo
27-08-2007, 10:51
Has been fine for ages and now its started playing up. Its fine when pulling away normally (i.e. slowly), but as soon as i give it some with my right foot it starts stuttttting, as if its only running on three cylinders.
Ive checked all the simple things, ht leads, connections on batt and all sensors, levels, etc. what shall i check next? Idle control valve?

cheers steven. :?

Coops
27-08-2007, 11:05
coolant temp sensor and lambda

Imperial_16v
27-08-2007, 16:55
Fuel related perhaps? Pump? Not sure...

clio_rsi_turbo
27-08-2007, 19:04
coolant temp and lamba are both brand new.

maybe its dodgey fuel?

clio_rsi_turbo
01-09-2007, 14:27
Pump seems to be running fine, replaced fuel, throttle sensor, checked spark plugs & ht leads.

What else could it be? can the idle valve cause this?

Mr.AdamB
01-09-2007, 14:30
replace ure spark plugs and dizzy

if that dotn work put sum injector cleaner thru it u might have a blocked injector

if that dont work check ure lamba

if that dont work F7R conversion 8)

clio_rsi_turbo
02-09-2007, 10:00
right i took ht leads off and noticed the plug holes have drowned in oil, so removed them, cleaned them up, replaced rocker gasket. tried it out round the block, no difference. Replaced throttle sensor, nothing.

I then removed the throttle body, stripped it, cleaned and oil it, same with the idle valve, refitted. then sprayed every electrical connection in sight with wd-40, now running sweet as a nut!

So fook knows but it sorted now, cheers for all your comments. 8)

Imperial_16v
02-09-2007, 13:13
right i took ht leads off and noticed the plug holes have drowned in oil, so removed them, cleaned them up, replaced rocker gasket. tried it out round the block, no difference. Replaced throttle sensor, nothing.

I then removed the throttle body, stripped it, cleaned and oil it, same with the idle valve, refitted. then sprayed every electrical connection in sight with wd-40, now running sweet as a nut!

So fook knows but it sorted now, cheers for all your comments. 8)

Lol glad it's sorted for ya!

drsmith1979
02-09-2007, 20:52
probably a coolant temp sensor or similar, ive just posted the same reply to another thread, i cleaned the connectors and hey presto! funny things these old french cars! haha

well at least you've renewed all the perishables on the car so you will be great for a while! 8)