PDA

View Full Version : fk coilovers

Ollyb16v
25-08-2007, 11:43
Just fitted my coilovers and not only is there not much adjustment on the camber because it hits part of the hub, and with the wheel on there is about 3mm clearance. Any idea's where i can get some spacers, as its only 3mm what size spacers should i get.

MAXIBOY
25-08-2007, 11:55
elongated the bolts holes. pm coops on here as he had the same woes with fks. are they one a 16v or williams

Coops
25-08-2007, 14:53
ai, 16 coilies are waz it seems. need to angle grind the hubs to remove the metal the coilies foul on for full camber adjustment. am just hardcoring it on the camber for now :twisted:

i used eibach pro spacers at 15mm per side to fill the arches a bit more and bought 40mm shaft length (easy now) bolts for them

Ollyb16v
25-08-2007, 18:11
yeah pain in the bum it seems, eibach spacers, where from?

MattyH16valver
25-08-2007, 20:17
I had to grind away some of the hubs where they were fouling on the struts when I fitted mine on the hybrid.

Ollyb16v
26-08-2007, 11:38
How low did you lower it, cos before i just had lowering springs, and after a while my exhast ripped off.

Coops
26-08-2007, 21:38
got them from MSW (www.motorsportworld.co.uk) just ring em, helpful lot and easier than the imo overly complex website!

mines down, erm, alot! :lol: no idea how much it lowered by, i just did it by eye till it looked how i wanted it to. its further exacerbated the camber issues but tbh as the car doesn't do much mileage am willing to sacrifice my tyres for the handling! :P exhaust doesnt come into it really for me, side exit

Ollyb16v
26-08-2007, 21:51
got them from MSW (www.motorsportworld.co.uk) just ring em, helpful lot and easier than the imo overly complex website!

mines down, erm, alot! :lol: no idea how much it lowered by, i just did it by eye till it looked how i wanted it to. its further exacerbated the camber issues but tbh as the car doesn't do much mileage am willing to sacrifice my tyres for the handling! :P exhaust doesnt come into it really for me, side exit

Ha ha nice. Thanks mate i'll see how it goes and post some pics once its done.