PDA

View Full Version : Williams Quarter Panel Sticker Location

arj256
24-08-2007, 23:29
I was just wandering where is the proper place a Williams 2 sticker should be on the quarter panel?
As i have seen quite a few starting from the end of the bumpstrip and thats where i have mine.
But the Williams 1 has them inward from the end of the bumpstrip so should a Williams 2 sticker be the same?

Daz.
25-08-2007, 09:51
Genuine stickers are cut out to give you a guide on where they go...

Mattys are brand new on his refurbed willy so I'd say on a willy 2 thats the correct place - never looked at mine in detail you see but I know they wrap around the bump strips to get the correct position

MatBrown
25-08-2007, 11:14
The 'williams' part is always in the same place regardless of car, a bit in from the end of the bumpstrip, the numbers are then put in place and this gives you a gap to the end on the drivers side but on the passenger side the number is at the end of the bumpstrip.

Mat.

FATBOY
25-08-2007, 12:16
i can make some scans of my genuine stickers with the decal template cut outs? it might help???

MattyH16valver
25-08-2007, 20:14
I asked mat how to do these before I put them on. As he says they some with the templates to help you line them up. Thought it was wrong first of all though when the stickers finsihed in different places on both sides. Thoght I'd done them wrong. I'll ake some pics if u want....

arj256
26-08-2007, 00:22
i can make some scans of my genuine stickers with the decal template cut outs? it might help???

That would be useful for future reference if you dont mind scanning them.
Thanks.

I asked mat how to do these before I put them on. As he says they some with the templates to help you line them up. Thought it was wrong first of all though when the stickers finsihed in different places on both sides. Thoght I'd done them wrong. I'll ake some pics if u want....

Thats interesting, would be good to see some pictures actually.

Was just mainly wondering as i noticed alot of Williams stickers are stuck somewhere on the quarter panel and it would be nice to know where they should of actually been.

MattyH16valver
26-08-2007, 11:22
Here you go...notice where they start and finish.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCN0608-1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCN0609-1.jpg

arj256
26-08-2007, 12:31
Cool cheers for that, never realised they went like that.
Looks abit weird where they start and finish in different places.

FATBOY
26-08-2007, 12:54
respray matt????

MattyH16valver
26-08-2007, 17:50
respray matt????

Yes mate

northy
27-08-2007, 13:15
The passenger side doesnt look right to me mate - i know that the template tells u to do it that way. I modified mine so they were inline on both sides....will upload a pic tomorrow

MatBrown
27-08-2007, 17:42
The passenger side doesnt look right to me mate - i know that the template tells u to do it that way. I modified mine so they were inline on both sides....will upload a pic tomorrow

That is correct, remember, the 2's and 3's were an afterthought, so got stuck on the end of the williams which is in the same place on every car.

Mat.