PDA

View Full Version : best angle to take

flat-eric
24-08-2007, 21:24
well it looks like i'l be picking up a willy 2 at the weekend, i've been told its totaly standard and well seviced.

so do--

1- i keep it mint and standard and show it.

2- mod it to go like stink!

3- or sort the usual breathing and exhaust mods.

what do i do? its a 2 on an m with just under 80k.

wavy
24-08-2007, 21:30
its only a 2 lol
mod its nuts off

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flat-eric
24-08-2007, 21:41
its only a 2 lol
mod its nuts off

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well im taking it in px for my s14a 200sx running 320brake so its got to be nippy, i've never driven one, what should i be looking out for?

MAXIBOY
24-08-2007, 22:06
just old age to start. plus maybe poor maintenance.

then tune the balls of it.

wavy
24-08-2007, 22:37
to be fair i havnt owned loads of good cars
but it is the best and quickest up to now
cant imagine what 300bhp feels like if mine is roughtly 130bhp or summat ?
but it will deffo put a big smile on your face
its 1 to own at least once :)

btw i have left mine as is and i dont think spending big bucks on mods is worth it
maxiboys is the ultimate in tunning i reckon
cant wait for the vids m8 :)

flat-eric
24-08-2007, 23:10
i'm thinking a new exhaust mainly for cosmetic reasons and a lil growl, and a panel filter.

then replace plugs and do the obligatory oil fluid change as with any new car, new set of toyo's and away i go. cant be any worse than 250 miles to a £60 full tank!!!!! :shock:

i'm all excited now!!!!!! time to get the valeting kit out me thinks 8)

Scougar
28-08-2007, 09:17
well im taking it in px for my s14a 200sx running 320brake so its got to be nippy, i've never driven one, what should i be looking out for?

Done the same thing... I feel so sorry for you (well with a valver and a 280bhp s14a).

I would say keep it standard. It will prob be worth more later on :)

Matthew

GT-Facer
28-08-2007, 09:52

Done the same thing... I feel so sorry for you (well with a valver and a 280bhp s14a).

I would say keep it standard. It will prob be worth more later on :)

Matthew

I had to do a simular thing, traded down from a 290bhp Celica GT4 to a valver, then a Hybrid due to stupid fuel consumption. Don't think you will be disapointed. You get a lot rawer experiance with the clio as they are so light.
Proper good fun :twisted:

Scougar
28-08-2007, 10:02
Yeah they are fun in the bends (and given a good surface they stick like hell)... but unfortunately don't have the out and out balls of a 320bhp engine.

That's me though :)

Matthew

titcharoony
28-08-2007, 10:10
just get it and see how you feel bout it mate. I was new to the clio game before I got my williams 3, was intending to mod the hell out of it. But after a few weeks I felt id be ruining it, so I've kept it 95% standard. Just see how you feel mate, Ive grown attached to mine as it is mate..

titcharoony
28-08-2007, 10:12
just get it and see how you feel bout it mate. I was new to the clio game before I got my williams 3, was intending to mod the hell out of it. But after a few weeks I felt id be ruining it, so I've kept it 95% standard. Just see how you feel mate, Ive grown attached to mine as it is mate..

GT-Facer
28-08-2007, 11:22
Yeah they are fun in the bends (and given a good surface they stick like hell)... but unfortunately don't have the out and out balls of a 320bhp engine.

That's me though :)

Matthew

Yer i know what your saying, nothing like a bit of power :twisted: especialy when it's boost fueled! Nothing quite like the rush and the noise for a turbo.
I will be back there one day! When i drasticly cut down my millage!

Don't think you can get much better than a Clio for a fuel efficentish, cheap bit of fun though!

Scougar
28-08-2007, 11:30
I have been VERY surprised how fuel efficient clios can be, it's the main reason I've actually kept the car even given its host of problems I have had to fix to date. (Or reworded, given the amount I put my foot down, I'm immensely surprised it returns a minimum of 35+ mpg :) )

If it had more guts and didn't have a idiotic cable clutch setup, I'd enjoy the car a whole lot more. There is no way the clutch is meant to feel different or have different biting points every time you touch it!

Matthew

Scougar
28-08-2007, 11:31
Oh, I would say that I would like to take the clio for a track day. Would be a really good car to fling around a track. It does have superb handling.

Matthew