PDA

View Full Version : clutch ? 1.8 16v L reg

LEEDASH
24-08-2007, 19:53
right here goes.brought this clio been standing for a while,but still managed to getr it home ok,only in 1st and 2nd gear.
now it will only go in gear ok when engine is switch off,when switch on clutch peddle is very very stiff and hard to put down and wont go in any gear and when put into reverse it crunches and gets stuck,than u have to switch off the engine to get back to neutral.
is it time for a new clutch ?
have checked cable ok !
gaer box possible ?

alex_e3
24-08-2007, 20:29
Sounds like another clutch pedal needs replacing!

Loads of peole have had this problem lately. Basically the self adjusting mechanism on the pedal wears, meaning the cable isn't tensioned correctly - hence doesn't fully disengage the clutch when to the floor.

There's a couple of other things it might be, such as the clutch itself, or the pivot bush inside the box bellhousing. However, the clutch pedal is the job to go for first - about 20 somethings quid from renault.

It's a biatch of a job to do though let me tell you! You nearly break your back on the sill, and have to have tiny elf sized hands to put it all back together! Took me about half an hour to try and guide it back into place!

MAXIBOY
24-08-2007, 20:29
i would check clutch first

LEEDASH
24-08-2007, 20:35
I got some one to check the cable in the process broke the quadrant but replaced it,but still the same problem ?

simonr85
25-08-2007, 14:25
i had this problem this week, replaced the pedal (and the clutch cable twice as thought it was that) and its perfect now £26 i think from renault, think the spring on the ratchet was the problem as werent much tension

Oh and its a real bastard, my mate got a black eye and carpet burns lol trying to help me

Punkymuffin
26-08-2007, 17:58
Do the pedal first fella(£26 frm renault) did mine last wk as thgt clutch was on way out now with new pedal its perfect :) and saved me 500 squid on havin clutch changed,

Its a ball ache job thgh take drivers seat out makes it easier

Punkymuffin
26-08-2007, 18:04
Do the pedal first fella(£26 frm renault) did mine last wk as thgt clutch was on way out now with new pedal its perfect :) and saved me 500 squid on havin clutch changed,

Punkymuffin
26-08-2007, 18:05

Scougar
28-08-2007, 09:24
Oh and its a real B**t**d, my mate got a black eye and carpet burns lol trying to help me

lol... what the heck was he doing to get that?

Gotta say my pedal (or the plastic on the clutch cable) has worn out after only 6 months so have to replace it again :( Not looking forward to it at all, especially as I seem to remember not being able to get the seat out :(

Matthew