PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 GTT Engine conversion

Jowe
19-08-2007, 21:17
What work is needed to get a Renault 5 GTT engine into a mk1 clio?

Ie engine mounts, loom etc?

Dont want any comments on the Renault 5 reliability or how i should just get a williams engine.

Help Please

Clio_GTT
20-08-2007, 17:14
Goes in on the renault 5 gtt mounts, you just need to drill a hole in the subframe for the NS front mount (5 min job)

Wiring is a piece of piss as it's just a carb, leave the clio wiring loom in the car and cut off ALL the wires that went to the ECU and remove them back to the bulkhead (or further if you wish) Then just connect up the starter motor, starter exciter, ignition coil (called AEI on the R5), TDC sensor, alternator and the water temp guage. These will all just plug straight in (water temp guage wires will need extending to the top of the R5 water pump)

If you want the degassing chamber to sit in the right place you'll also need to remove part of the clios OS engine mounting point (you'll see what i mean when the engine is in)

16v fuel pump is fine, use the clio driveshafts, any gearbox (aslong as you get the appropriate dials- R5 are electric dials),

You can use an R5 exhaust and extend it or use a clio exhaust and get it modified to mate up to the R5 downpipe.

If you need anymore help just PM me, know these inside out