PDA

View Full Version : Leather Interior Conversion

1995clio16v
18-08-2007, 16:07
Guys,

Finally have subscribed now, rather than keep being a tight arse and not payin £7! :o

Finally got round to sourcing a monaco 432 passenger door yest! :o

After months of looking and being patient its finally paid off. I presume some of you will remember I twatted a post about 4 months ago really writing off the door and rather than getting the door panel beaten out/replacemnt and resprayed at £300+ perhaps thought Id try and get a good match off a doner car, will fit next week, hopefully will be a good match.

Ive also just bought today a set of renault 19 black seats, leather :o

Gonna fit them too, but theres no guide in the guide section, i thought there was at one time? Who's the guy that used to have the hybrid with the leather/k reg/turinis? Its passed to someone else now? I wanna contact the original owner to see what he did to get the rear bench to fit?

I got the seats off this guy here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Breaking-renault-19-renault-clio-16v_W0QQitemZ160147872225QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10410Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He's in Chorley, he's breaking loads of clio 16v's and 19's. He a top guy, he's got loads of bits and pieces. Message him if your interested!

I picked my seats from him, with a mark I steering wheel too :o :o :o , the seats are totally mint almost new conditon, no wear or tears, Im well happy! :o

I've waffled here big time but if someone could answer me questions about the seats would be muchos appreciatos!

8)

1995clio16v
18-08-2007, 16:07
Where's me gold wheel!!!! :oops:

Coops
18-08-2007, 17:39
rear bench needs the leather taking off it then get ur valver rear bench and strip the cloth off that so its frame and sponge, stretch the leather 19 stuff over the clio frame and sponge and tuck in as necessary, will never fit exactly without tailoring but looks fine. fronts are direct replacement

1995clio16v
18-08-2007, 19:44
Cheers Coops,

So is it just the bit you put your arse on that doesnt directly fit the back part does?

Im sure I will find all this out for myself.

The idea is to keep the rears with the headrests on. Obviously the 16v back part doesnt have that facility.

Coops
18-08-2007, 22:43
fraid not mate, no headrests unless you mod the clio frames to accept them,no idea how to do that. thing is the 19 is bigger you see so the bit u put ur arse on on the clio is shorter and the bit u lean ur back on is shorter also so you have to swap both parts of the rear bench frame, the seat and the back, for the clio items.

i think someone has managed to botch the 19 headrests onto the clio frames aswell and if you have the complete 19 bench it may be possible to cannabilise the part the rest go into off the 19 item and botch it to the clio one somehow?