PDA

View Full Version : Help with removing sunroof

Scougar
15-08-2007, 10:14
Hi guys :)

Are there any members in the Devon/Cornwall that can help me remove (to check the problem) my electric sunroof on my valver to see what I need to replace to get it working again please? (I live near Tavistock, but can be anywhere near Plymouth/Launceston/Okehampton or surrounding areas I guess). It's not urgent just something that I want to get working again (on the long list).

It is stuck shut at present, and the motor just whirs when I press the button. I would take it apart myself, but as it's the sunroof I don't fancy stuffing it and having to drive in the rain without a roof eek.

Matthew

GT-Facer
15-08-2007, 11:24
It's very easy to remove the sunroof. Took mine out of my old crashed valver.
Just a series of bolts around the edges if it. You should be able to get at the motor etc by just removing the plastic trim in front of it where the switch is, sounds like that's where the problem is, would be worth checking there first.

Scougar
15-08-2007, 11:41
I have already removed all that stuff before (and put it all back), just couldn't see at the time how it came out (and I didn't want to make the whole assembly loose).

I suppose I should go buy some tiger seal anyway if I am gonna be taken the whole lot out.

Matthew

willy3
15-08-2007, 12:18
if your motors whirring is it not just the plastic gear thats broke????? then you won't need to remove the sunroof, just the motor.......

Scougar
15-08-2007, 12:30
That is kinda what I am thinking that the cog is worn out. I bet you can't buy a seperate replacement though and have to buy the entire motor?

To be honest the sun roof leaks - about once every few months, so I will most likely have to take out the sunroof to seal it up.

Matthew