PDA

View Full Version : alarm query...

titcharoony
14-08-2007, 22:28
ive got a cobra 560i (i believe this was standard for the williams 3 which I have) thing is, If setting the alarm say overnight, i can almost guarantee itll go off maybe for 30secs then stop. i dont have a key for the alarm so firstly, can i obtain another key for the alarm (if disconnecting the battery it goes off, damn annoying) from cobra?
secondly, my brother swears sum people recondiion alarms and can sort out when and why they go off randomly. any adivce or tips on this folks? bit annoying I cant always set alarm. I have to have my old dears car parked behind mine on a night lol. chers guys

ae
15-08-2007, 13:45
Hi

My Williams 3 had alarm problems recently. The alarm would go off when driving along then stop. It also caused the ABS light to come on and stopped it from working. I replaced it with a new CAT 1 for £250 and the cars totally fixed. The alarms on these cars are now 12 years old and are likely to be dead or dying :( You can open the siren box and cut the wires to the siren. This will stop the siren going off and you can still use the car.

Andrew

FATBOY
15-08-2007, 17:20
as said above! i had the same problems... get rid of it and get a brand spanking new toad Ai606 alarm fitted... £220 supplied and fitted

titcharoony
16-08-2007, 00:23
i might have do that...seems best option. just bin and get a new one. seems silly having a alarm fob/central locking n not using it bloody thing lol. new alarm it is.

drsmith1979
16-08-2007, 02:18
have you got the keyfob? if so you can disable the sonic interior sensors by pressing the yellow button immediately after arming it with the green one. if your interior sensors are setting it off this would do the job, and would still offer protection?

titcharoony
16-08-2007, 09:56
i have...ill try that...might be a good idea, cheers mate