PDA

View Full Version : HELP engine gurus! swapping heads/cams...... HELP!!!!

JonnyK
12-08-2007, 23:05
Hi guys,

I am changing my head on my hybrid for a newer one, (old one cracked).. and basically wanted to know that when i transfer my cams over (with piper vernier pullies),, how do i time the thing ?

how do i fit the new cambelt? obv i will have to go to a tuner to fine tune the cams.. but i have no idea how to line it up etc.. any markings to look out for?

2 live
13-08-2007, 23:45
the cams should already be timed in. so its just a case of whipping the pullies off the cams to change the seal. the timing marks on the pullies should still line up with the marks on the cam cover. no need to retime

JonnyK
14-08-2007, 14:22
hi, sorry..

have i made myself unclear lol? i am putting the old cams from my old head into my new head.. then putting it on..

2 live
14-08-2007, 20:38
no mate. perfectly clear. the cam pullies should already be set to correct timing for the cams. take the pullies off the cams,1 bolt, take the cams out of the head, refit cams into new head, refit pullies after new seals, the pullies should then still time up to the marks on the cam cover. easy as that.

unless youv been fiddling with the adjustment on the pullies, loosening the 5-6 or so bolts that lock them up.