PDA

View Full Version : Fuel hose size? - Hybrid broken again!

alex_e3
12-08-2007, 21:21
On the way back from a relatives tonight, and booted it round a corner up to *30!

Now i've been smelling a small scent of fuel for a while, but couldn't see any leaking. Got to a petrol station, put a tenner in, & then noticed the fuel gauge droppng rather quickly! The recent booting of car must have finished something off.

Got home going slowly - popped the bonnet, and 1 of the fuel lines is bolloxed down the cambelt cover side, as there was fuel pissing down the chassis leg! Lost almost a bloody tenner in 10 minutes!

Now obviously i'll be doing this tomorrow - but i need to know what diameter of fuel pipe is needed, and the approximate length needed to replace both pipes?

HELP please!!!!!!

MAXIBOY
12-08-2007, 21:55
its 8mm i believe. there about 1 meter long from the joint under the drivers footwell to the fuel rail. but its pretty cheap so buy more to be sure.

alex_e3
12-08-2007, 22:10
8mm, cheers. Can anyone confirm for certain?

Going to buy some from Demon Tweeks. Hopefully i can get some in blue as well to match the car!!!!!! May as well whilst i'm at it!

alex_e3
12-08-2007, 22:23
Just looked in tweeks' catalogue for hose, and there's 'Low Pressure Fuel Hose', and 'High Pressure Fuel Injection Hose'.

Which one do i need to go for? As blue is only available for the low pressure line!!!!

Assuming i need high pressure?

MAXIBOY
13-08-2007, 00:08
yes high pressure. i used 8mm 7mm might fit but i,m 99% certain 8mm is right.

Swervin_Mervin
13-08-2007, 13:54
8mm is correct. You gonig to re-route them as well so they don't go right near to the cambelt?

Mine was leaking t'other night (replaced mine a while back and re-routed them). Fortunately it just needed the hose clip tightening. :shock:

alex_e3
14-08-2007, 10:32
Problem sorted now - had to buy some black hose from tweeks. £12 in total, so not too bad. Shame about the tenner lost in fuel though!

Took about an hour and a half in total. Was fiddly more than anything. Up on axel stands, snipped the old ones in the bay. What had actually happened is somehow the main feed pipe had slipped out of the holder on the cambelt cover, and had been rubbing on a sharp edge on the top of the chassis rail.

I've ditched this holder thing as didn't fancy it happening again - plus there was no way i was going to get the pipes back in there!!! I kept them the same route however, but used about 6 cable ties to position them correctly.

Job sorted anyhow! How pissing annoying though - another job which would've been 100 times easier with the engine out, which happned a month ago!