PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting a williams

Boris
09-08-2007, 17:40
hey guys dont think any one will remember me winston probs will though :lol:

i used to have a clio 16v awhile ago winstons old silver one infact, at the moment i have a seat ibiza cupra running abotu 200bhp, but am looking at selling and go abck to clios maybe a williams. question is dont think be quick enough fro me standard probs wont one running around 190bhp so is about on par with what have at the mine. how easy will it be to get one running at that adn what sorta price would it be. am gussing its going to be head work cams chip and thing but not to sure.

cheers guys

Coops
09-08-2007, 21:06
ai to be sure of that kind of power u'll need lairyish cams timed up on verniers right, bit of headwork, decent filter and stainless exhaust system.

Boris
10-08-2007, 10:35
dont mean to sound silly but what are lairyish cams?

how much you reckon that will cost then about 2k?

will need to do suspention setup and braks to probs to handle it all

Coops
10-08-2007, 11:04
std brakes are more than capable if looked after and use decent pads, suspension could be looked at as its likely to be tired, so either full new o/e shocks all round with 172 cup springs for a little bit of extra stiffness if you want to keep the original look, or get hold of some coilovers if you dont mind a harsher ride for the ultimate handling experience! :wink:

lairy cams are 270 degree or higher, but much higher than that and the head will need modifying to accept them. to garuntee over 200bhp you'd ideally need throttle bodies or a turbo conversion, but with what i said originally you'll get close to the 200 mark with a strong, well looked after engine

MAXIBOY
10-08-2007, 11:04
just a little more lift and duration really. nothing that special. i would think around the 1500/2000 mark.

if thats what your after properly better holding out for one thats been done as it will save you money in the long run.

brakes and suspension are fine as long as they have been replaced in the last few years. other wise new standard items all round.

Boris
10-08-2007, 11:30
ah cool thaks for that will have to look for them. not realy botherd about going over 200 mark thorttle bodies and turbo way to much to do anyway.

heard afew people mention the 172 cup setup. had adjustables on valver when i had it was awesome handeling.

Coops
10-08-2007, 14:35
its not really a full setup, just that std 172 springs are the same part as williams springs and since the 172 cup ones are uprated 172 ones they fit the williams shocks aswell, vis a vie o/e uprated springs for ya willy!standardtastic.........sih! :lol: :wink: