PDA

View Full Version : Changed front pads discs and started rears, Knightmare....

spadey
08-08-2007, 12:31
Ok so Ive replaced my front discs and pads and thank god I did pretty much all off the sliders were seized solid spent 2 hours freeing them.... Thought the rears would be easy... H ha what a fool I am..... Basically the bolts would not move so does anyone have any tips on removing them as they are round and f*ck*d now.....?????

Also the lead weight thing fell off and I cant seem to get it to fit where it was originally it just moves, any advice or how important is it?

Also when I looked at my new rear pads there was 1 bolt bloody missing so where can I get another cos the ones in aint gonna be no good? If any one has 1 spare and they could post it today I would be eternally gratefull and pay them througfh paypal today?

If you have its

Steve Bateson
29 school knott drive
Windermere
Cumbria
LA23 2DY

I have to go out but if you could post one today you would save me a lot of swearing....... Thanks

Rich
08-08-2007, 13:28
the lead weight thing can be binned. its not important. as for the bolts if they are round it looks like mole grips time.

white16valver
08-08-2007, 14:32
As above, chuck the lead weight thing, it's just an anti-squeal shim (I think?) :)

Allan
08-08-2007, 15:48
if its rounded bang a smaller socket on, get a big breaker bar and stand on it :D or heat with a blow torch to losen it up

spadey
08-08-2007, 18:41
Cheers for the tips, managed to get a hacksaw in to make a flat edge then got a paint stripper in and got em loose... Yippee new pads all round... One other question, my kandbrake goes quite hi when I put it on. Do I just tighten the nuts on the caliper the same ammount on each until the handbrake is better or is there another way?

Steve

katbloke
08-08-2007, 20:00
Slack in my handbrake wa taken up by winding the psiton out as far as i could and still be able to fit the pads in rather than turn the adjuster which some say shouldnt be touched anyway, cables might be stretched also

Rob72
08-08-2007, 20:44
if h/brake travel seems too far you need to adjust the cable.
basically ..remove the heatshield underneath the car around were the hanbrake is situated, you,ll see the adjuster ..then using 2x 10 mm spanners adjust it as much as u need.

MAXIBOY
08-08-2007, 21:15
but let the pads bed in and adjust up first.

BRUN
08-08-2007, 23:22
lol reminds me of mine, the rears were basically a ball of rust, how they ever worked i dont know lol

new calipers all round now, and discs and pads 8)

Coops
09-08-2007, 10:04
ai, new clalipers for me last time aswell, the rears seem to suffer worse!