PDA

View Full Version : F7R into a 16valve Clio

mudfordminis
07-08-2007, 22:22
My Son drove his 16v Clio into what he thought was a puddle, turned out to be a 3ft flood, one hydraulic engine later I found a replacement on Breakeryard.com, problem is the engine is a F7R A700, it doesnt have injectors or fuel rail, or ECU for this engine, is this all i would need to fit the engine in his car and get it to run ok?

many thanks in advance

John

Rich
07-08-2007, 22:24
you can use the injectors and fuel rail from the old engine. you just need a williams ECU

Daz.
07-08-2007, 22:52
Any buy him a depth gauge!

He'll be driving faster towards puddles with an f7r in!

Andyvalver
07-08-2007, 23:32
Jammy git, when i go to the breakers i always check out the valver engines on the off chance they might be a hybrid lol.

Coops
08-08-2007, 10:06
just to clear up in case you dont know, the F7R engine code is the same engine basically but the 'better' 2.0 litre version fitted to the clio williams and later the megane coupe. as said all you need is a williams ECU to get it running, the rail and injectors off the F7P your son hydrolocked will be fine

mudfordminis
08-08-2007, 10:38
As the Williams ECU are a bit difficult to get hold of, a 2.0 megane ECU would be ok I take it? One other thing I thought of, the keys etc would need to be recoded to the new ECU, any ideas on cost for this?

thanks

John

Coops
08-08-2007, 10:44
megane ecu wont work no as the megane doesnt use a dizzy cap and rotor arm for ignition system, its an ignition pack. its possible to simply chip the current 1.8 ecu with a williams uprated chip from 'GUNNER' on here, costs around £30 iirc for one of his chips, all u need to do is get the carrier soldered into the 1.8 ecu board and plug the chip in

MAXIBOY
08-08-2007, 10:46
megane ecu is different as they run a different injection and spark setup. really need an after market chip without the immobiliser or an early ecu phase 1.

it will run on the 1.8 ecu you could then have the 1.8 re-mapped or chipped.

where are you in the country.

Rich
08-08-2007, 11:34
if you get a willaims ecu they DO NOT have an inbuilt immobiliser so its not a problem and the plip key will still work the central locking :) or as said get a chip off GUNNER and get the ECU re-soldered.

I'm sure winston has a williams ECU for sale @ £50 unless its already sold

schakal
08-08-2007, 13:25
megane ecu wont work no as the megane doesnt use a dizzy cap and rotor arm for ignition system, its an ignition pack. its possible to simply chip the current 1.8 ecu with a williams uprated chip from 'GUNNER' on here, costs around £30 iirc for one of his chips, all u need to do is get the carrier soldered into the 1.8 ecu board and plug the chip in

are you 100% sure a 1.8 ecu can be converted into a williams
one just with a chip ?? :roll:

Rich
08-08-2007, 13:26
yes the ecu is converted into a williams ecu with the one chip. many people on here with hybrids have done so :)

Coops
08-08-2007, 16:02

are you 100% sure a 1.8 ecu can be converted into a williams
one just with a chip ?? :roll:

erm, yes :roll:

schakal
08-08-2007, 16:14
yes the ecu is converted into a williams ecu with the one chip. many people on here with hybrids have done so :)

ohh sweet never knew that 8)
must hang around with clio boys more often i guess :shock:

:P

Coops
08-08-2007, 16:49
:wink:

VIPERONE
08-08-2007, 18:40
A valver ECU can be converted to willy spec.

But not with my chip unfortunately.. i only can chip Willy ecus.... the engine will run fine on a valver ecu , and will only be down 5-8 bhp on a willy ecu nowt major.

I would be inclined to use a genuine Williams ECU though

schakal
08-08-2007, 19:01

But not with my chip unfortunately.. i only can chip Willy ecus.... the engine will run fine on a valver ecu , and will only be down 5-8 bhp on a willy ecu nowt major.

lol coops ,i know you were talking shit :lol:

schakal
08-08-2007, 19:05

so how can a valver ecu be converted to willy spec boss ??

and most importantly when actually would a f7r ecu be needed
along the line to get the best torque gains ??
i.e : f7r b/e + f7p head or f7p b/e + f7r head ???
or would both combinations run on f7p ecu best ??

Coops
08-08-2007, 19:47
well in that case gunner chips are pants! :wink:

get a fastchip instead that should do it, either way am 95% certain its the same mainboard PCB on both, just the brain chip thats different

schakal
08-08-2007, 19:53
well in that case gunner chips are pants! :wink:

get a fastchip instead that should do it, either way am 95% certain its the same mainboard PCB on both, just the brain chip thats different

yeah thats what i would think ,which would make the
bloody thing easier .

come on gunner enlighten us you shy mofo :P

Coops
08-08-2007, 19:55
altho i am often know to be full of shit, and really rather wrong on most counts! :P

schakal
08-08-2007, 19:58
altho i am often know to be full of s**t, and really rather wrong on most counts! :P

i know mate ,relax :P