PDA

View Full Version : Brake disc and pad replacement advice tips???

spadey
07-08-2007, 19:49
Ok so tomorrow im gonna replace my front discs and pads and rear pads. Any tips advice would be greatly appreciated????? Gotta haynes manual but you boys no better than anyone so thought I would ask??

Steve

Coops
07-08-2007, 21:04
fronts are easy as pie mate

car up, wheels off. undo the 2 little torx screws holding the discs on 1st, if they put up a fight least u can put it back together easily and give up! :lol:

then undo the 2 bolts holding the calipers into the carriers, and the caliper will then lift out, releasing the pads

undo the 2 bolts holding the carrier to the hub next and remove it, the the disc should come off

in the immortal words of haynes, replacement is the reversal of removal! 8)

rears are a bit more difficult, theres a metal retaining clip and then a 'L' shaped locating bar to tap out, can put up a fight,also some have screw fittings, so if they do undo the 2 torx screws as they hold the outer pad in. pads should then lift out. to refit use a flat screwdriver or file or somthing similar to wind the calipers back in and allow the new bigger pads to fit. they should slide in then and do up the screws/bash the locating rod and clip back in

done!

oh dont forget wheels :wink:

spadey
07-08-2007, 21:10
Thanks mate, as I thought but wanted to make sure...

Steve