PDA

View Full Version : speedo cable removal

finlay
07-08-2007, 11:51
hello

can any one help, i cant seem to remove my speedo cable on my williams, its the only thing preventing me from pulling the engine, ive stripped out the gearbox circlip and spider drive thinking i would see the speedo cable gear wheel, but i cant see it ???, i ve tried pulling the cable with fource but just snapped the 2 plastic clips,

its really pissing me off

any help would be much appriciated

Rich
07-08-2007, 12:32
you are doing the right thing where you have snapped the 2 clips. just keep wiggling and pulling and wiggline and pulling some more until you think your arm will fall off! then it will just whip out and you'll probably graze the back of your hand on something!

Coops
07-08-2007, 15:02
ai, as above, just wiggle n pull, takes patience and lots of swearing/grazed knuckles

finlay
07-08-2007, 15:58
cheers lads, its in tighter than an nuns fud, just keeep on tryin

mike16valver
08-08-2007, 11:42
I had problems too getting the speedo out of my box, i never had the clip that you squash to release the speedo, at the top of the white insert.

I did however get it out but squashing the too ball stops that sit inside the gearbox, there should 2 holes either side of gearbox where the white plastic insert sits, i got sum long plyers and a small allen key piece put it in the hole and squeeze it,

The white insert popped out, which released the pressure on the cable and then it came out with ease.

Mike

finlay
08-08-2007, 18:23
got it out now, just yanked her tight, now engine is out, and box will be getting sent off for rebuild