PDA

View Full Version : noisey engine

NAPLES VALVER 123
03-08-2007, 22:15
Got a willy 2 and the engine seems to be very noisey tappety, Its not to bad on idle but soon as you pull away it gets worst as revs ger higher, ive done a oil change 10/40, and tryed forte top end treatment but still the same.

I cant decide if it exhaust blowing , tappets or injectors.

How can i test if its injectors?

Also if its tappets what kind of price are you looking at to get the head rebuilt?

I dont think its the exhaust as ive looked and cant see any signs of it blowing?

BRUN
04-08-2007, 07:48
injectors are more of a tick than a tap

which 10W/40 oil have you put in, if its Magnatec, take it out and use something else

for the exhaust, leave your engine so its cold, then start it up and from the engine bay feel down to where the manifold meets the downpipe, mine has leaked from their in the past and because of where it is its not usually checked for a leak

drsmith1979
04-08-2007, 10:01
i think all willy manifolds are cracked to some extend where all the 4 branches meet, a very common problem as im sure most people on here will tell you! makes it 'tut tut' and its worse on reving as the pressure increases (obviously) so that will probably contributing, you can have it welded simple enough but you have to take it off, im doing mine at the moment and picking it up this afternoon.

Laine_16v
04-08-2007, 10:04
On pulling away on a cold engine, certain taps can also indicate a noisy bottom end, it was like that on my last valver.

Goes when warm.

cliokiz
06-08-2007, 13:01
i think all willy manifolds are cracked to some extend where all the 4 branches meet, a very common problem as im sure most people on here will tell you! makes it 'tut tut' and its worse on reving as the pressure increases (obviously) so that will probably contributing, you can have it welded simple enough but you have to take it off, im doing mine at the moment and picking it up this afternoon.

I'm quite sure my willy manifold doesn't blow :P

drsmith1979
06-08-2007, 13:27
lol well its either...

a) already been welded, or
b) you cant hear it due to reving the nuts of it haha :P

picked mine up this lunchtime, been welded and sealed and had brand new studs in, got brand new firering and gasket to fit this avo and hopefully will see a nice increase in power and less chance of dying from carbon monoxide posioning! haha