PDA

View Full Version : SEIZED ENIGNE!

WILLIAMS2TURBO
03-08-2007, 19:57
Think my engine has seized!

I was running the car with a water leak without knowing it and now it wont start so think its seized!

Is this a big probelm?? i.e. is it knackered or is it fixable??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Paul.

drsmith1979
03-08-2007, 20:07
will it crank/turn over on the key?

Unless you have cooked the block and blew a head gasket, lost oil etc.. i dont see how you could've seized the engine? need some more details

WILLIAMS2TURBO
03-08-2007, 21:34
Ive onliy just bought the car off patrickg46 it ran fine for two days!

I left it for a day and then when i came to start it up there was nothing atall!

The fuel pump kicks in and all the dash lights come on as they should but nothing happens atall no noise narda!

There was also a hige puddle of warter when i rolled the car back looked to be coming from the left hand side of the bay??

Cheers Paul.

Allan
03-08-2007, 21:52
if there was water all over then it must have been in it when you stopped, maybe you have got somthing eletrical wet and killed it.

would need more details really to diagnose, go check if you get a spark, take of the leads slap a screw driver in and earth it to somthing in the engine get someone to crank it over and see if you get a spark

wavy
04-08-2007, 00:07
starter motor ?

stan
04-08-2007, 13:36
probably a flat battery....

Mr.AdamB
04-08-2007, 18:17
flat bat, startermotor wont be seized!

u33db
05-08-2007, 10:31
Socket onto bottom pulley and see if it truns

Dancliovalver
05-08-2007, 15:30
try this mate, this haoppened to my mums 1.2 clio a few days ago

Get a jump lead, connect it to comewhere on your engine, preferably a nice clean bolt on ur engine mount (engine side) then connect the other end of the jump lead to somewhere clean on the chassis, me mums earth strap was crap and for days i was trying to find the problem, we tried bump starting and all sorts but nothing.

tried jump lead from batter to chassis.................nothing, then treid battery to engine mount, got a click out the starter motor but wasnt firing, so engine mount to chassis and it cracked up straight away

the reason im telling u this is because its the exact same symptoms my mums car had, fuel pump and everything going but nothing from the engine bay

let us know if that helps mate :lol:

Dancliovalver
09-08-2007, 10:12
have u sorted it mate :?: