PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Things

L.E.F
01-08-2007, 18:06
Hi i own a 1.2 Mk1 Clio and it has been perfect but recently noticed afew things, that im not sure if i should be worried about or not..

The other night it started to run very slightly differnetly. I started it up after it had about 5 mins to coll down and it idled quite low.. i thought oh itrs not cold enough for the auto choke but then it dropped down really far..to the point where i had to rev it or it sounded liek it would die. That happened afew times then its never happened again :shock:

The second thing is that ever since that night, sometimes wen im slowing down or let off the gas for awhile i hear a strange whirring noise...Im 100% sure its never dont that before. For example it quite often does it in third when the revs drop below 2500.

Just wanted some other clio uses to comment to check that nothing is badly wrong and what could be going on..

One last thing that might not matter is it a 1997 and has only done 27K :shock: but has never had a cam belt change (yes i know i bloody need one) Will be doing an oil, filter and spark change for the first time in owning it soon which might help?

Cheers

BRUN
01-08-2007, 19:12
service can never do any harm

id check the gearbox oil level aswell, and even though its so low miles, do a cambelt change, they are only a rubber belt at the end of the day and they dont last forever

the idle thing might be your stepper motor failing, dont think they are very expensive, about £35, if it does start happening a lot get it changed, otherwise the ECU is always trying to sort the idle out and it might give you more problems

L.E.F
02-08-2007, 18:42
VITAL UPDATE:

I only get the noise when im turning left. There it must be an steering problem not an engine problem? Any ideas?

Cheers

Allan
02-08-2007, 18:52
wheel bearing probably for the noise, dont know about the power, maybe a good service will fix that