PDA

View Full Version : How can I kill the mouse in my brakes?

Jimbo5000
01-08-2007, 13:08
Hi all,

Some time back I changed the front brake pads (not the disks) and after a little while it started to squeak on the drivers side when moving. It stops when i turn the slightly and under braking to i know its the brakes themselves.

It is an intermittant problem but its driving me mad!

I have since had the hub all off again to change the bearing but its still making the noise.

Does anyone know how to solve this other than replacing the disks and pads?

Thanks

Purple
01-08-2007, 13:54
Might be sticking calipers. Get it checked and lubed.

wavy
01-08-2007, 15:51
remove the pads and smear some copper slip on the back of them
no more squeakin :)
worked a treat on mine

Daz.
01-08-2007, 18:17
Might be sticking calipers. Get it checked and lubed.

100% this - get new uns - you'll find it squeaks more if you turn a particular way and the slower you go...

Jimbo5000
01-08-2007, 23:59
Thanks guys,

Must admit I didnt think of the calipers... I'll check em out at the weekend as will be making a start at pulling the suspension apart to get the car back up to standard height :D

big hp
02-08-2007, 00:04
If you didn't put copper slip on the back of pads try that first. Always squeak if you dont use it.

Cheapest option first.

schakal
02-08-2007, 01:07
most new calipers come with a backing that
dont require copper grease at all anyway .

i put my money on sticky calipers too :wink:

Purple
02-08-2007, 04:15
If it's found to be a caliper problem, get the caliper kit and lube and/or sand-down the guide pins and you will be amazed at how much better the car brakes after that. IMO, it's one of the best service job for the clio. Although the caliper kit is darn expensive for an O-ring, rubber sleeve and a bit a lube oil :)