PDA

View Full Version : chipped or remapped????

Tuccy
31-07-2007, 14:16
hey again , just wondering if there is a way to tell if my clio williams 3 had been chipped or remapped ecu??

just wondering as it seems fiercely fast and responsive, can i tell somehow, like whats the default rev limiter set to and if mine revs more etc, didnt want to go taking the ecu out just to see :?

MAXIBOY
31-07-2007, 14:21
yes mate where does it rev too. as most remapped chipped cars have the limiter raised/removed

drsmith1979
31-07-2007, 14:59
my gunner chip goes to 6,800rpm i think, most chips will go to around here as its regarded as safe level, relatively speaking lol

standard 6,200rpm? so rag it and see where you bounce and hit the 'wall' 8)

simonr85
31-07-2007, 15:03
my gunner chip goes to 6,800rpm i think, most chips will go to around here as its regarded as safe level, relatively speaking lol

standard 6,200rpm? so rag it and see where you bounce and hit the 'wall' 8)

mine is standard and revs to 6500rpm

Tuccy
31-07-2007, 18:10
ok guys i will try later to see where my limiter kicks in 8)

im a big jessie lol, i hate reving it that hard :oops:

big hp
31-07-2007, 18:35
Standard rev limiter on a williams is 6500 BUT its not unheard of a standard williams to rev to 6800rpm oncve fully warmed up.

Mine been remapped and revs to 7100 :twisted:

Lunner
31-07-2007, 18:55
So does mine :P

Tuccy
01-08-2007, 19:23
:shock: ummm ok guys going by what you are saying, there is something weird with my car :shock:

i reved it up slowly to try get an accurate reading, and it revs to 7500rpm pushing 7600 before the rev limiter kicks in :shock:

any ideas what to hell is going on, lol
im expecting to be told im exaggerating by someone, because of what ive read so far..... lol so i will if necessary take a video of this and upload it for your viewing,

if it helps any the car ticks over at about 850 to 900rpm

what to hell is going on .....lol

thanks again in advance

richy
01-08-2007, 19:41
its proberly chipped, the std limiter is set to 6500rpm but as big hp said, its not unknown for them to go to 6800rpm when fully hot, mine has done that before!

Tuccy
01-08-2007, 20:25
ah ok thanks for the info, is it safe enough to run the car at these revs? although i would seldom rev it that far, also the car wasnt particulatry warm when i tried it, id driven it about half a mile to a friends coal yard, there i was away from the public and the area where i live in. (didnt want the neighbours complaining lol) it does 110mph in forth gear too, so would this take other engine work, or would just the chip make this difference?

sorry for the silly questions, its just that the guy i bought the car of, never really had an idea about the car, and wasnt able to tell me much about it..

richy
01-08-2007, 20:30
i personally wouldnt take it above 7200rpm often, without knowing what condition the engine is in!

Tuccy
01-08-2007, 20:44
ok thanks, i will keep it below that, dont wanna kill it , not yet anyway :P , ive only had it about a week, all i really know about the car is

its a 1995 (october 95) williams 3
its got 92k miles on the clock, ive checked the engine stamps and they match the log book
its got full stamped service history up to 90k miles
scorpion stainless back box
k & n filter
upgraded clutch

thats all the seller was able to tell me about it..

other cosmetic bits are:
delocked doors, front splitter, single wiper conversion,
and damn big boots (205 x 40 x 17")
lexus style rear lights
angel eye front headlights

think thats it really
infact i will have to get a pic uploaded soon, wanna suscribe to the forum first :D

Jamie.
01-08-2007, 21:03
Ive gone to 6800 in mine before now (was caught out after the semi strip in 3rd :oops: ). Not really uncommon for them to rev a little higher than the limiter when hot.

Daz.
01-08-2007, 21:24
I bounce off the limiter all the time, too busy chasing things to check what it revs too :lol:

Think its 6500 though in 5th :shock:

jamie
03-08-2007, 11:36
ok thanks, i will keep it below that, dont wanna kill it , not yet anyway :P , ive only had it about a week, all i really know about the car is

its got 92k miles on the clock, ive checked the engine stamps and they match the log book
k & n filter
upgraded clutch

other cosmetic bits are:
lexus style rear lights

think thats it really
infact i will have to get a pic uploaded soon, wanna suscribe to the forum first :D

Change front and rear lights back to standard mate and get the 2nd wiper back.

Modifications are fine, not interested myself but on a williams dont touch the exterior of the car.

people dont want modded williams mate, come sale time the more original the better.

Tuccy
07-08-2007, 01:26

k & n filter
upgraded clutch

other cosmetic bits are:
lexus style rear lights

think thats it really

Change front and rear lights back to standard mate and get the 2nd wiper back.

Modifications are fine, not interested myself but on a williams dont touch the exterior of the car.

people dont want modded williams mate, come sale time the more original the better.

thanks for the info, but to be honest i have no intention of sellin it, not for a long time yet anyway :P
i can easily get hold of the stock parts, and replace it to stock if i ever do deside to sell it,
meanwhile my main intention is to keep:
the shiny side up and the dirty side down :D